PDA

View Full Version : turner two

gbd780
02-06-2004, 02:07 AM
i have a rca 490 and i cant get turner two to get anything higher than a 60 on the signal stength tuner one is great i have tried switching cables still same problems and i am using a quad lnb anyone have any suggestions

Hi8
02-06-2004, 02:35 AM
i have a rca 490 and i cant get turner two to get anything higher than a 60 on the signal stength tuner one is great i have tried switching cables still same problems and i am using a quad lnb anyone have any suggestions

tweek (adjust-nudge) your dish, not sure if that would work, as it is not the SAT that is the issue; but unless you have a bad tuner ? What else can you try without spending $ - other than swapping cables from turner 1<->2 to see if it is a cable problem.

gbd780
02-06-2004, 02:40 AM
so the quad lnb is ok for this application i had a dual lnb but wanted a third receiver and the quad was cheaper then a multiswitch. i had no problem getting a signal on any other receiver (i have three) i just took the cable from one of the receivers and hooked it up to tuner two

Kazak
02-06-2004, 09:05 AM
so the quad lnb is ok for this application i had a dual lnb but wanted a third receiver and the quad was cheaper then a multiswitch. i had no problem getting a signal on any other receiver (i have three) i just took the cable from one of the receivers and hooked it up to tuner two

I have 2 of the quad lnb's and they work just fine. If you took a cable from another unit that had good signal stregnth and plugged it into this unit and got low stregnth then I think you can assume you have a tuner problem.
This is a common problem with these receivers. Some think heat is a factor.

kazak

gbd780
02-06-2004, 03:42 PM
could there be any other problem cause i did get about 60% on the meter but if not can the tuner be peplaced and does anyone know where and how to do it

klassic
02-07-2004, 01:17 PM
did you run the UTV through the multiswitch set up screen?

gbd780
02-07-2004, 03:44 PM
why i am not using a multi switch but maybe i will try that guess it cant hurt

gbd780
02-07-2004, 03:52 PM
i just tried that and did not work but now when i run system test it says tuner two failed it would always say tuner ok before

klassic
02-07-2004, 06:28 PM
That sucx....

Try unplugging it for 24 hours....

If you feel up to it can you open the receiver and pop the top of the metal can of the failed tuner and report back with the four digit date code that starts with a 0 on the little 48pin chip inside

It appears the Maxim 2104 chips dated pervious to 0145 are not up to quality standards and are expected to fail.

Pissed off?..... Take it up with Thomson....
Check out AVS for more info on the bum tuner chips

gbd780
02-07-2004, 07:51 PM
at work now but will try in morning