PDA

View Full Version : Sony SAt- t60, bad logic board?

realmacman
02-06-2004, 12:02 PM
:confused: I have a Sony t60 which just stopped putting out any video or audio. It powers up and the drives spin but nothing else happens.
Can any body help me?
d.

GREEK
02-06-2004, 03:28 PM
Looks like you have a failure on the baord, just because the drive powers up means nothing, its only telling you "part" of the tivo is working. You gotta ge in there with a voltmeter and get the shcematics and start testing. Theres a sticky up top with the info..........

malfunct
02-06-2004, 04:04 PM
Looks like you have a failure on the baord, just because the drive powers up means nothing, its only telling you "part" of the tivo is working. You gotta ge in there with a voltmeter and get the shcematics and start testing. Theres a sticky up top with the info..........

Wouldn't drives spinning only mean that they are getting power from the PSU?

realmacman
02-06-2004, 05:20 PM

Do you know where I can buy a logic board for this thing? Cost?

GREEK
02-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Call it a mainboard/motherboard so its easier to know what were talking about. If only it were possible to buy a new mainboard. Basically you can either fix it or sell it and replace it, its not made anymore and no parts to support it really, very few components cross over outside the tivo world to be available for other reasons. Did you do the FIRST thing and reseat ALL connections. Read the sticky up top and do the suggestions before you count it out..........

GREEK
02-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Wouldn't drives spinning only mean that they are getting power from the PSU?

Yep it does. We already know the unit powers up, so its safe to say for now the supply does at least that. A single bad cap or IC or whatever can short out a specific circuit and hold down any initialization, so unless he tests with a voltmeter, all we know is its 99% likely its on the "other" side of the "wall" inside the tivo, could be ANYTHING...........check the parlex ribbon.........