PDA

View Full Version : Sonny T-60 remote problem

carovery
02-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Hi

I have a problem with my remote on my sonny T-60. After I updated to ver 2.5.2 my remote is stop working. The remote still works for changing a channel, select and buy and everything but when I press a tivo button a menu just feeze. Does not go up or down. It just stuck like that until I reset a tivo. Once thing I notice that during the time it downloads a signal from satellite I press Tivo button and it works fine. But after the download completed when I try to get in a tivo menu again it stucks. So I restore my backup image back to a unit but it still does the same thing. I guess it have something to do with the eeprom of the receiver. Does anybody know how to fix this type of problem. Any help are appreciated.

Thanks

GREEK
02-08-2004, 11:50 PM
It sounds like you have a panel problem. First, RESEAT ALL the connectors, every one you can find. Then pop off the front panel (may be 2 screws holding on, usually not) and take the ribbon off the board and remove the front panel. Then take a tiny philips screwdriver and pop off BOTH peices off the front pcb board, they are soldered together with blue 20guage wire, you gotta take both parts off. Inspect for damage, if none found reseat both ends of that connector. ALso, MAKE SURE before you do this, you pop new batteries in the tivo, and reset the code back to 0. The manual explains this, the setting is at the bottom of system info menu..........

carovery
02-09-2004, 02:11 AM
thank you Greek. I will check a cable to see if that would help. But I find a little bit strange because during a time it download a signal I can press a Tivo button to get to a Tivo menu and I can move around in the menu no problem. But after the download completed and if I click on Tivo button it just stuck at a menu screen right at a Tivo central and stuck at Now playing list. I can not move around anymore?

I try to restore an image, and also upgrade to different ver but it does not solve a problem. Maybe I will try your way.

Thank a lot

Caro