PDA

View Full Version : installed 100gb, but ?????

P-r0t
08-16-2001, 10:40 PM
My tivo recently died. I went through hell & back trying to get a "A" drive image for the sonysvr2000. Needless to say I replaced my quantum "A" drive with a 100gb maxtor, used the faq & all is well. but...
I have a max recording of 119 hours & 7 minutes before 2.01 upgrade. Is this correct ?

It sounds correct but I want to make sure. My PC saw the drive as a 65gb drive, so i disabled the bios from taking notice of the drive & allowed linux to see the drive for iteself. It successfully saw it as a 100gb drive. This is the only reason why I question the results.

Thanks in advance
P-r0t

Big Dump
08-17-2001, 07:45 AM
If the bless program saw 100GB, and the unit boots, it is correct.

BLUETOOTH
08-18-2001, 12:45 PM
that sounds about right, each gig will give you around 1.3 hours of basic video.if you could please email tivolure@hotmail.com and let him know you have a good image of a sony tivo that would really help out. there are some really good linux professionals that have come here to play with all of this and this would give more possible code left behind for them to unlock all of tivo's dirty little secrets. hope you consider thanks blue