PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help with 4.0 tivoapp 30 sec skip offset

madwand
02-11-2004, 12:24 AM
Does anyone know what the offset for the 4.0 tivoapp 30 sec skip toggle is? I would like to do that and the select play select 9 select. I have my trusty hex editor and disassembler, so any pointers (hex patterns, generic subroutines, etc.) would help...

dssgorila
02-27-2004, 12:51 AM
Does anyone know what the offset for the 4.0 tivoapp 30 sec skip toggle is? I would like to do that and the select play select 9 select. I have my trusty hex editor and disassembler, so any pointers (hex patterns, generic subroutines, etc.) would help...

what disassembler are you using?

necromancer
03-13-2004, 02:49 AM

Did you ever figure this out/get it working? I would like to learn to do this as well if you did and have any tips/clues

vu2vu
03-13-2004, 07:29 AM
Get yourself a copy of older tivoapp and apply 30 sec skip to it.

Disassemble it before and after patch. Then do a diff on the files and you will see changes. Figure out a way to apply to 4.0 and "feel the joy"

necromancer
03-13-2004, 12:09 PM
Get yourself a copy of older tivoapp and apply 30 sec skip to it.

Disassemble it before and after patch. Then do a diff on the files and you will see changes. Figure out a way to apply to 4.0 and "feel the joy"

which disassembler would you recomend?

NutKase
03-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Get yourself a copy of older tivoapp

Therein lies the problem. I've asked/searched for a copy of a 3.x tivoapp...

No luck on FTP's

NutKase

PS. looking on emule.

PlainBill
03-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Therein lies the problem. I've asked/searched for a copy of a 3.x tivoapp...

No luck on FTP's

NutKase

PS. looking on emule.

There is one on eMule now. It might take a while to propogate so you can find it.

PlainBill

vu2vu
03-13-2004, 05:25 PM
There is one on this message board, written in perl. It will create fairly large dump files, but thats why you use diff command to just see the differences.

which disassembler would you recomend?