PDA

View Full Version : Installing Sleepers Hacks, ... no space left on device?

legion455
02-11-2004, 02:10 PM
I've been working on installing the hacks on my HDVR2 w/4.01b for the past week or so, .... basically got everything up n running, ... finally got the correct tserver_mips over on the Tivo and running ... so I decided to start over fresh, load the OS, then do the hacks, and manual changes ....
btw , I'm doing the restore manually w/ mfsrestore -s 127 -xzbpi /file /dev/hdc
... anyway, I go through the Surgery phase, but 3 or 4 steps into the final Hacks, ... I get an error when copying the Kernal over tot he Tivo's alternate boot partition /dev/hdc6 ... and the error mess. is "dev/hdc6, no space left on device" .

My question is, do I have something wrong with my backup that I'm restoring? (I've tried 2 different ones already) or is there something happening to my WD 120G HD? ... or, .... maybe I'm a real dork and got some sequence messed up bad! :)

Thanks in Advance for any help, ... I'm stuck!
Legion

kungpaomaster
02-11-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm doing the restore manually w/ mfsrestore -s 127 -xzbpi /file /dev/hdc

I'm assuming you're restoring to the original 40GB HDD. You need to remove the -s 127 option in the line above when restoring.

I have 4.0 running solid on a HDVR2 with all the usual hacks. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Anyway I can get you to upload that 4.01b image to my FTP server?

KPM

PlainBill
02-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Why not try W-D's utilities to do a low level diagnosis of the drive (thus eliminating drive failure) and also wipe it clean (eliminating problems caused by leftover partitions)? I don't think it's leftover partitions, but eliminating that possibility is easy.

Also, if you're doing the monte manually, make sure a typo hasn't crept into the commands you are using. If you are using Sleeper's iso, make sure you delete the variables file (/cdrive/tivo/variables) after the restore.

PlainBill

legion455
02-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks, I'll do just that, dl the WD Utilities, check the drive, then write all zeros. Hopefully this will solve the problem!

peace
Legion