PDA

View Full Version : It's not that hard.

Darwin23
02-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Say thanks for moving my thread and not taking the time to reply.

Those of you how think you know everything continually annoy those of us who do.

Why not take some time to reply rather than move a post from where it DOES belong?

Look at me, I can hack a tivo.

Why not write your own Fcode Open Firmware for your Tivo, surly you know how. Then you can have control of the tivo's hardware not just the software.

sanderton
02-19-2004, 10:01 AM
I can only see one other post by youlisted , and that was asking what TiVo you should buy; hardly a topic for this forum.

What's your problem?

Darwin23
02-19-2004, 10:50 AM
If you don't know anything at all and don't know how to read and don't know how to use the search and just have to ask that stupid question, ask it here.

Don't know why anyone would be annoyed having a post moved to this area.

My ? was about what Dtivo unit to buy for EXTRACTION, thus the extraction forum seemed like the proper place.

mrblack51
02-19-2004, 11:02 AM
If you don't know anything at all and don't know how to read and don't know how to use the search and just have to ask that stupid question, ask it here.

Don't know why anyone would be annoyed having a post moved to this area.

My ? was about what Dtivo unit to buy for EXTRACTION, thus the extraction forum seemed like the proper place.

dont like the description? tough luck there bud. you post got moved to the appropriate area, nuf said. complaining about it aint gonna win you any favors. welcome to ddb, please dont make another thread like this one.

oh, posting this type of thread in the extraction area is not appropriate either. as such, it was moved to general tivo (since we dont have an off-topic area in the tivo section yet)

AlphaWolf
02-19-2004, 12:09 PM

Those of you how think you know everything continually annoy those of us who do.

Why not take some time to reply rather than move a post from where it DOES belong?

Why not write your own Fcode Open Firmware for your Tivo, surly you know how. Then you can have control of the tivo's hardware not just the software.

Look at me, I can't speak coherently. (hint: try not to write your posts as if they are poems)

malfunct
02-19-2004, 12:37 PM

The reason the thread was moved with no reply is that the question has been asked and answered so many times that you have to be completely illiterate not to have found your answer already. I know I've personally answered questions regarding which series 2 to buy for hackability many times and others have answered which is better series 1 or series 2 uncountable times. The question is also definitely a newbie question, if you don't know which tivo can be hacked or the method to hack each tivo, then how can you be considered anything but new to the scene?

Sleeper
02-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Actually, This thread should be moved to the "Trash Can" before it ends up down the sewer!

David Bought
02-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Actually, This thread should be moved to the "Trash Can" before it ends up down the sewer!

Wrong, only moderators can move or close threads. That means, NOT YOU.

JJBliss
02-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Wrong, only moderators can move or close threads. That means, NOT YOU.

So why didn't you close it then, David?

Oh right... You're not a moderator...

Don't worry, I'll help out.

-Thread Closed-

(see how easy it is when you have access to the right button)