PDA

View Full Version : Telnet problems

tivodoc
02-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi,
I've had a turbonet card installed for over a year without any problems. (DSR6000 running 3.01b) Recently I lost access via the card by tivoweb or telnet. The commands to restart tivoweb on reboot are gone from the rc.sysinit and .author is empty. As far as I can tell there has not been a new sw update. I reinserted the commands in rc.sysinit and tivoweb is fine but I still can't get access via telnet.

The last few lines of the rc.sysinit are:

/sbin/tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &
/sbin/tivoftpd &
/var/hack/elseed &
/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/tivoweb

tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &

I added the last line without success. Am I missing something simple or what? Thanks in advance.

Jeff

malfunct
02-20-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi,
I've had a turbonet card installed for over a year without any problems. (DSR6000 running 3.01b) Recently I lost access via the card by tivoweb or telnet. The commands to restart tivoweb on reboot are gone from the rc.sysinit and .author is empty. As far as I can tell there has not been a new sw update. I reinserted the commands in rc.sysinit and tivoweb is fine but I still can't get access via telnet.

The last few lines of the rc.sysinit are:

/sbin/tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &
/sbin/tivoftpd &
/var/hack/elseed &
/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/tivoweb

tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &

I added the last line without success. Am I missing something simple or what? Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Why are you trying to load tnlited twice?

tivodoc
02-20-2004, 06:31 PM
Why are you trying to load tnlited twice?

I actually only have the last one active. The earlier one is commented out. Is one better than the other?

tivodoc
02-20-2004, 10:21 PM
Interesting...

I looked at /var/log/messages and the last few lines would suggest that the Tivo thinks it accepted a connection

Feb 21 02:08:54 (none) init: Changing to level 3
Feb 21 02:11:35 (none) tnlited: Accepted connection from 10.0.1.3
Feb 21 02:11:35 (none) tnlited: New connection from 10.0.1.3 assigned pty /dev/ttyp0

but my telnet client responds:

telnet: connect to address 10.0.1.2: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

(These address are valid on my network). Any ideas?

Jeff