PDA

View Full Version : Ticking sound, no fan, nothing on screen

sid4life
02-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Ok, I just got this HDVR2 that is acting up.

When it is plugged in, there is kind of a ticking sound. The fan doesn't come on, and nothing comes on the screen.

I originally assumed it was an issue with the power supply. I just tried a known good power supply from a DSR7000 and I got the same thing.

I thought maybe the ticking was from the fan, but I removed power to it and got the same thing. Same thing with the HD disconnected too.

Anyone had a similar issue before and know what the problem might be?

malfunct
02-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Ok, I just got this HDVR2 that is acting up.

When it is plugged in, there is kind of a ticking sound. The fan doesn't come on, and nothing comes on the screen.

I originally assumed it was an issue with the power supply. I just tried a known good power supply from a DSR7000 and I got the same thing.

I thought maybe the ticking was from the fan, but I removed power to it and got the same thing. Same thing with the HD disconnected too.

Anyone had a similar issue before and know what the problem might be?

I am certain that clues to your solution are in this forum. Basically something is holding down one of the lines from the powersupply causing it to make the tick. I am not certain what to search for but I know that the instructions on how to troubleshoot the issue are available in a thread here in the forum.

sid4life
02-20-2004, 08:52 PM
thanks for the reply....I'll keep searching

sid4life
02-20-2004, 08:55 PM
now that I did a search for 'clicking' instead of 'ticking' I've found some stuff, lol

malfunct
02-20-2004, 10:08 PM
now that I did a search for 'clicking' instead of 'ticking' I've found some stuff, lol

Good luck, sorry my memory wasn't better to give you a more direct route to follow.

sid4life
02-20-2004, 10:11 PM
from what I've seen , you're pretty much right on...although I don't think I'm capable of fixing it. I'll have to find someone that knows what they're doing. Don't know exactly where to look...maybe I'll try a TV/VCR repair shop.