PDA

View Full Version : Static in analog audio output

jasongt
02-21-2004, 07:09 PM
I am getting static in the analog audio output, if I use the optical it is fine. I have disconected the lnb feeds and replaced a/v cables also used a different input on the recever and still get the static sound. I need to have both optical and analog to work for home theater receiver to work the main room and multiroom outputs.

Thanks
Jason

cali
02-22-2004, 01:15 AM
Have you verified with another unit/source to be sure its the tivo?

jasongt
02-22-2004, 01:34 AM
Yes I have verified it to be coming from the tivo, swapped cables, inputs and plugged another analog source up to the same cables and into the same input and no static.

Thanks

cali
02-22-2004, 05:13 PM
Well the best advice I can give you here, is to open up the unit, and look in the rear next to the audio connectors.

Since you still get sound, I will assume that the op-amp on the output isnt dead. I am thinking you probably have some blown/leaking filter caps.
A good visual inspection is your best bet. If you wish to truly fix this, get the schematics and start measuring stuff on the audio circuitry.

Maybe PM Greek, I'm sure he can fix this relatively quick for a good price.

gazookas
10-29-2004, 01:39 PM
I have the same problem noted above. Optical cable is fine, but a/v has static when connected either to TV or to A/V control receiver. Interesting to note that buzz goes away when one of the channels is unplugged (doesn't matter which one). System is Hughes SDR40 connected to a Toshiba TV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!