PDA

View Full Version : Missing UI "Menu Entry" on TivoWebPlus

legion455
02-22-2004, 10:12 AM
running 4.01b on an HDVR2, installed everything per Sleepers iso plus changes per discussion threads, and still have a problem w/ tivoweb+
when the primary screen comes up , it looks like you see below, ... I'm missing 2 entries I think, ... yet when I key in 192.168.1.200/ui it does go to the user interface page. Has anyone seen this? Maybe you could push me in the right direction towards a solution. Does this have something to do with Display Text? TIA
Allen

TivoWebPlus Project v1.0-rc4
Info Various Info about your Tivo
Logos Remap your channel logos.
Logs View TiVo log files
Mail Create/view/delete TiVo mail messages
MFS Browse through the MFS FileSystem
Search Search for TV shows
Theme Change the look of this site
What's On Hourly What's On listing

Restart Reload or Quit TivoWebPlus Project

Official Homepage for TivoWeb
Official thread for TivoWebPlus

Murdock
04-28-2004, 11:44 AM
Did anybody ever find a solution to this problem? I'm getting the same thing.

sanderton
04-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Is it a plain vanilla TWP install from the installer, or have you changed anything?

Most likely is that you've installed a ui.itcl from an older/incompatible version of TW.

JohnSorTivo
04-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Did you do a 'Full Reload' from the 'Restart' option?

This will usually bring back missing menu items that failed to load on previous startups. Before doing a restart, view your 'tivoweb.log' file and see if states that the 'ui' failed to load. If it does, a 'Full Reload' will usually solve the problem.

Murdock
04-28-2004, 05:39 PM
I have done the reload several times and it has not fixed the problem. Originally I had installed TivoWeb 1.94 and had the same problem, I tried replacing the ui.itcl file with one from TCF and it did not fix it so I decided to try TivoWebPlus... I removed TivoWeb 1.94 and installed Plus using the Installer and am having the same issue. I dont see anything in the logs... I recently rebuilt the Tivo, I wonder if I have to wait a few days for it to make a few daily calls? I remember the last time I rebuilt it I was getting an internal server error in Tivoweb that fixed itself in about 4 days. BTW this is a Phillips SA S1 with 3.0

cojonesdetoro
04-28-2004, 06:53 PM
nevermind: hrmph! I should read all posts before posting.

mrshock
12-05-2004, 01:41 AM
running 4.01b on an HDVR2, installed everything per Sleepers iso plus changes per discussion threads, and still have a problem w/ tivoweb+
when the primary screen comes up , it looks like you see below, ... I'm missing 2 entries I think, ... yet when I key in 192.168.1.200/ui it does go to the user interface page. Has anyone seen this? Maybe you could push me in the right direction towards a solution. Does this have something to do with Display Text? TIA
Allen

Looks like I am another soul who is wondering what the solution to this was. I am on a freshly modded 4.x + RID unit running 4.0.1b-02-xxx using Riley's mod method and AIO from AlphaWolf and SuperPatch4all with 1.9.4, etc. I am having the same problem, yet have not seen a clear answer to this issue/question that others posed as well.

Montaņo
12-05-2004, 09:05 PM
I'm also missing the 'UI'
Here's what the log says:

ui
errDbNotFound can't open object (errDbNotFound)

while executing
"db $db open /DataSet/GenreVersion"
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set dataset [db $db open /DataSet/GenreVersion]
set genres [dbobj $dataset gettarget Data]
}"
(procedure "GetSAGenres" line 5)
invoked from within
"GetSAGenres"
(procedure "init_db" line 71)
invoked from within
"init_db"
(file "/var/local/tivoweb-tcl/modules/ui.itcl" line 4686)
invoked from within
"source $module "

yufasa
12-09-2004, 12:54 PM
I also have this problem and the log shows the same error as the post above.
The thing is that it worked and then I activated MFS_FTP and downloaded some shows. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but it is the last thing I did on the box before I noticed the ui is missing.

sanderton
12-09-2004, 06:09 PM
> errDbNotFound can't open object (errDbNotFound)

Means that when TW launched it barfed over caching the various lists it caches. Happenes sometimes if the TiVo's db is busy. Do a Full Restart of TW.

mrshock
12-09-2004, 06:57 PM
> errDbNotFound can't open object (errDbNotFound)

Means that when TW launched it barfed over caching the various lists it caches. Happenes sometimes if the TiVo's db is busy. Do a Full Restart of TW.

I will reply, since a number of us are having the same problem. I am not sure how to interpret this proposed "solution." I have cron set up to run fakecall and wipelogs daily, and to reboot the Tivo twice each week. Further, I have rebooted manually via telnet a number of times (while doing other things, etc.) and have used these as events to also check out if the ui on TWP works again without having to manually type in /ui at the tail of the address. I continue to have the problem. Is there another solution such as a better ui.itcl, etc. out there?

EDIT: OK, so I got to thinking after my initial reply that this might be something to do with the boot sequence. I have added sleep 300 just prior to the command that initiates the rc.sysinit.tpm associated with TWP in my rc.sysinit.author file and with a grand trial of (1) attempt it works!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it was this database busy issue in my boot sequence. I will now try to back down the sleep command to 200 or 100 to see if I can still have reliable success with less delay

yufasa
12-09-2004, 07:38 PM
I also tried the reboot (a couple of times) , Restart/Full reload (a couple of times - and it did fix another problem I had), but it does not fix the problem.

EDIT: Removed a lot of FUD. Adding "sleep 100" before the rc.sysinit.tpm entry in rc.sysinit.author fixed it for me.

Thanks mrshock!

mrshock
12-09-2004, 07:41 PM
EDIT: OK, so I got to thinking after my initial reply that this might be something to do with the boot sequence. I have added sleep 300 just prior to the command that initiates the rc.sysinit.tpm associated with TWP in my rc.sysinit.author file and with a grand trial of (1) attempt it works!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it was this database busy issue in my boot sequence. I will now try to back down the sleep command to 200 or 100 to see if I can still have reliable success with less delay

Seems to work again at sleep 100