PDA

View Full Version : Tivo HDVR 2 - Welcome...powering up

adtconsult
02-25-2004, 09:55 AM
Hello,
i had purchased on ebay a DTV Tivo HDVR 2. The guy who sold this item said that the receiver don't need to be activated. He opened it and made necessary modifications to unlock the receiver. So, when i tried to connect the satellite with my HDVR 2, i had the message "welcome...powering up". What can i do to enjoy my tivo with that thing?

-FRED

PlainBill
02-25-2004, 10:41 AM
Hello,
i had purchased on ebay a DTV Tivo HDVR 2. The guy who sold this item said that the receiver don't need to be activated. He opened it and made necessary modifications to unlock the receiver. So, when i tried to connect the satellite with my HDVR 2, i had the message "welcome...powering up". What can i do to enjoy my tivo with that thing?

-FRED

For starters, I'd contact the guy who sold it to you. It may be nothing more than a loose cable, but I make it a point to always work with the seller on problems like this. If you never get beyond 'Welcome...Powering up' the problem appears to be with the hard drive. Hooking up a serial cable would help diagnosing the problem.

PlainBill

Sleeper
02-25-2004, 12:44 PM
If by "unlock the receiver" you mean getting free DTV service then that is a topic that is not allowed on this board.