PDA

View Full Version : Is there a 'ps' binary for series 1?

MrShoop
02-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Howdy-

I can't find 'ps' for my series 1 tivo. I checked the Tivo Utils at sourceforge (Tivo Utils (http://sourceforge.net/projects/tivoutils/)), and there was 'ps' for seris 2 tivo's but not series 1. Is there a standalone binary or package somewhere that includes it for S1?

I'm getting tired of rebooting my tivo every time I need to restart a process. :eek:

Thanks!
David

cojonesdetoro
02-25-2004, 07:24 PM
I have one. Don't remeber where it came from but I'll sell it to ya cheap if you need it. PM with an Email and I'll send it for the cost of postage.

cojonesdetoro
02-25-2004, 07:26 PM
BTW: you can look somewhere in /proc for processes. I think the numbers are PIDs and are virtual files with process info. I think that's where ps looks.

EDIT: correction. They're directories and there's lotsa good info in there.

David Bought
02-25-2004, 09:01 PM
I have one. Don't remeber where it came from but I'll sell it to ya cheap if you need it.

Dumbass.

http://tivo.samba.org/download/mbm/

OP: in the future, post this shit in the NEWBIE forum where it belongs.

EDIT: This will be one of the last posts where this will be allowed.
Enjoy it while it lasts.

David Bought
02-25-2004, 10:14 PM
EDIT: This will be one of the last posts where this will be allowed.
Enjoy it while it lasts.

What, posting in the wrong area?

It's about damn time you did something about it. Thank you for taking this step in the right direction.

JJBliss
02-25-2004, 10:20 PM
What, posting in the wrong area?

It's about damn time you did something about it. Thank you for taking this step in the right direction.

Not only will posting in the wrong area be dealt with, but name calling, and personal attacks such as outright calling someone a "Dumbass", will be dealt with as well.

Things should be changing for the better in the next week or so. Better for YOU, and better for those who would like to see your belligerence somewhat squelched.

cojonesdetoro
02-26-2004, 12:23 AM
Ha, Ha!

I guess he didn't get the joke (he's on my ignore list but my curiosity got the better of me). Cost of postage=zero, or in other words:

"I have the 'ps' binary but do not remember where to find it. if you're stuck, send me a PM and I'll send it you."

Silly rabbit, I wasn't trying to get money from the guy!

thanks for the laugh.

- Your friendly neighborhood dumbass

David Bought
02-26-2004, 11:12 AM
I guess he didn't get the joke

Wrong, you're a dumbass because your "joke" wasn't funny. You are also a dumbass because your reply was useless. Next time attach the damn file instead of playing games.