PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade twice possible?

alm450
02-26-2004, 11:49 AM
I have a SA2 tivo 60gb model tivo
I got an image and expanded to an 80gb drive then ran sleepers iso and all that fun stuff.
It took me a while but everything finally works on my tivo.
Now I figure I might as well throw the 60gb drive back in as a slave to increase size to 140 gb total.
Reading hinsdale's how to uses mfsadd with previously unhacked drive?
Instructions are straight forward and easy to follow.
my question is will this work with a hacked drive, or is there a different method for drives that are hacked?
I don't care about previous recordings or season passes.
Thanks,

sanderton
02-26-2004, 12:01 PM
mfsadd should work fine.

antalo
03-15-2004, 02:37 PM
I have a SA2 tivo 60gb model tivo
I got an image and expanded to an 80gb drive then ran sleepers iso and all that fun stuff.
It took me a while but everything finally works on my tivo.
Now I figure I might as well throw the 60gb drive back in as a slave to increase size to 140 gb total.
Reading hinsdale's how to uses mfsadd with previously unhacked drive?
Instructions are straight forward and easy to follow.
my question is will this work with a hacked drive, or is there a different method for drives that are hacked?
I don't care about previous recordings or season passes.
Thanks,

I could be wrong, but Mfsadd is for S1 TIVOs only. Use sleeper.iso or instantcake (Ithink they are the same. Instructions will tell you how to do it.
Previously I used hinsdales and mfsadd and my B drived died after a few months. It may have nothing to do with it, but everywhere else they tell you you can't use mfsadd on S2 TIVos

captain_video
03-15-2004, 03:35 PM
Mfsadd should work fine for any Tivo A drive as long as you haven't married a drive to it previously. I can confirm that it works for a monte'd drive after the fact. Just put your A and B drives in your PC and boot with MFS Tools 2.0 or use Sleeper's tivoscript CD and press Alt+F2 when you get the prompt menu to exit tivoscript and go back to console mode. If you've got your A and B drives set up as secondary master and slave, respectively, the command will be:

mfsadd -x /dev/hdc /dev/hdd

psxboy
03-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Dunno if this would work or not... never tried it myself... but there's a line in the stock rc.sysinit:

# Add second disk if there and uninitialized. No, we didn't take this out...
echo "Checking for additional disk..."
mfsadd

Theoretically, one should be able to simply add a second (uninitialized) drive to the TiVo and turn it on & the TiVo will marry the drives automatically... assuming this is the first time you've attempted this with your existing A drive.

-psxboy