PDA

View Full Version : Looking for parts supplier

mystere
02-26-2004, 03:08 PM
[Note: I'd have posted this in "for sale" but i'm not just looking to buy, I'm also looking for parts information, so I hope it's not off topic, thanks]

Hey,

I've been scouring the internet looking for a parts supplier that can supply the LNB Voltage regulator for an HDVR2. It's a STMicroelectronics part number LNBS21PD.

If anyone knows where to get this part, can sell me the part, or perhaps has a dead HDVR2 they'd be willing to sell me (so long as at least one of the LNBP's are good, ie gets all transponders, even if the other tuner doesn't) I'd be extremely appreciative.

I was communicating with a guy named Greek, and he was going to sell me the part, then he flaked out and quit responding to my emails, so I need some other source for the part.

Before anyone suggests Digikey, arrow, etc.. I've already checked the major distributors, and they are all either out of stick (with 4+ weeks lead time and you have to a 300+ parts) or they don't have it in their database. I'm also already looking on Ebay for dead receivers.

Thanks

BTW, I don't need a hard drive or anything other than the motherboard on a dead HDVR2, though I'll buy the whole thing if you don't want to part it. Also, if you have any other dead DirecTivo and don't mind opening it up, check near the tuner coax connectors for a chip that starts with LNB and if it's the same part, i'll buy it from you. Thanks.

captain_video
02-26-2004, 08:45 PM
This probably should have been posted in the hardware thread but I'm guessing either Cali or Greek should be able to point you to a supplier if there's one available.

cali
02-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Dunno what happened to Greek...last he said he was pretty sick.
I have no dead units at this time though.

Have you tried philips ?

Oh another thing...check the REGULAR hughes receiver...I think they use the same LNB regulator.

mystere
02-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Dunno what happened to Greek...last he said he was pretty sick.
I have no dead units at this time though.

Have you tried philips ?

Oh another thing...check the REGULAR hughes receiver...I think they use the same LNB regulator.

Well, I'll appologize to Greek if he's sick, I just haven't heard back from him in over a week. Thanks for the headsup on the standard hughes units. I'm hesitant to buy a dead unit though unless I know for sure if they're the same part.

Thanks.

cali
02-27-2004, 12:14 AM
i'd check for you but I have given away my last hughes.

GREEK
02-29-2004, 08:14 PM
I was communicating with a guy named Greek, and he was going to sell me the part, then he flaked out and quit responding to my emails, so I need some other source for the part.

Sorry, cant respond to pm or email from the hospital

mystere
02-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Sorry, cant respond to pm or email from the hospital

Yes, I appologize Greek. I was just anxious to get the part I needed :) Greek's a good guy.