PDA

View Full Version : lets make the pause longer

Glitched
08-18-2001, 03:39 AM
i understand that the pause feature of tivo is a dedicated amount of space... but shurly we could resize the particular partition(if it is a dedicated partition),that manages this space, or however that is set. Has anyone looked into this before?? id love to be able to rewind back an hour or two?? anybody want to give me some hints on the inner workings of the pause feature, as soon as my dss serial cord gets here im going to be a tivo hacking madman!! and this WILL :D be my first project.. anyone want to toss me any variable names, or any info, tips on this???

im hoping it isnt hardcoded,:rolleyes:

thanks

TiVo_Canada
08-18-2001, 01:26 PM
There is a variable which will extend the size of the buffer. I believe this is what you are looking for. You set this at the boot monitor before booting the TiVo.

"LIVE_CACHE_SIZE=20700" (not in 2.0)

Adding this changes your live TV buffer from 30 minutes to 60 minutes. If you set it to 10350 that will give you the normal 30 minute buffer. So increase it by 10350 for each additional 30-minute interval you want to add to the live buffer. A few things should be noted about this hack:

Don't try creating a buffer larger than your free space. So if you have a 30 hour unit and you have 29 hours of shows recorded, do not try to increase your live TV buffer to 4 hours (82800).

The TiVo ``green bar'' indicator still thinks the live TV buffer is 30 minutes, but it will still work with your new settings.

Glitched
08-18-2001, 01:31 PM
awesome, thanks... there is only one problem i see for me anyway

i am running 2.01 ;) but thats a place to start.. THANKS!!!

at least i know what variable to look for now!!!!

TiVo_Canada
08-18-2001, 06:29 PM
Do a strings on your v2.0.1 myworld and see if the variable is still there.

You can also set this variable in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit. Set it early enough before myworld gets started.