PDA

View Full Version : Weird led Mod problem.

lord_oberon
03-05-2004, 02:42 AM
Hey Guys I was wondering if anyone had an idea about this problem.

I moded the front leds of my xbox. I removed the tri-color leds and replaced them with blue ones. I have moded may appliances at home with blue leds and never came across this problem.

When I power up the system I looks great and everything is ok. But after a few minutes the leds start to flicker and eventually go out. But one side stays lit but very dim. If a wait awhile and power up the system again they light up but the same thing happens. I triple check the contacts and it's all clean.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Generiq
03-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Did you replace each existing Tri-color LEDs with Two standard LEDS?

EC-EXCURSION
03-05-2004, 05:38 PM
There could be nothing wrong with the led's, Your box could have something else wrong with it. It could be trying to flash red orang and green. But it can only flash blue with out the bi colored led's.

Did you put bi colored led's in your xbox (the stock are bi colored, green/red, it only looks like a 3rd color when green and red are on.) or did you just put regular blue led's?

lord_oberon
03-05-2004, 06:16 PM
I tried with just a single led then leds it does the same thing either way and it's not flashing because that would mean a error of some kind and the machine is working 100%.

EC-EXCURSION
03-05-2004, 11:17 PM
Buy some Bi colored leds, there is red and blue and red and white, take your pick. coolerguys.com