PDA

View Full Version : XBMC and YAC

Beelzebub
03-13-2004, 01:39 AM
Is there any python script listner for YAC the caller ID that broadcast the info via lan? I was wondering if anyone has made one that listens for YAC for XBOX Media Center for more info on what YAC is visit http://sunflowerhead.com/software/yac/

Torg
03-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Unless you want to dedicate your XBOX to be a callerID box this would be useless.

Your Xbox does not multitask.

Beelzebub
03-17-2004, 06:46 PM
Unless you want to dedicate your XBOX to be a callerID box this would be useless.

Your Xbox does not multitask.

why would I have to dedicate it to be an ID Caller box? if its a script listening in for YAC to broadcast over network I don't see how I would need to dedicate my XBox to being an ID Caller? I have other scripts I use on XBox Media Center that run fine in the background with out needing to "Dedicate" my xbox to them.

Torg
03-17-2004, 07:02 PM
why would I have to dedicate it to be an ID Caller box?

Read the last line, it does not multitask.

It can do one thing, one at a time.
1) Run a dashboard (with built in FTP and web server).
2) Run a game
3) Run a YAC script.

Pick 1, not 2 not 3, just 1.

Beelzebub
03-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Read the last line, it does not multitask.

It can do one thing, one at a time.
1) Run a dashboard (with built in FTP and web server).
2) Run a game
3) Run a YAC script.

Pick 1, not 2 not 3, just 1.

you still dont get it do you "It is possible" I even confirmed this with the XBMC team over on EFNet all they need to add is support for it............

All it needs to do is listen on a port and listen for YAC and when YAC on "PC" gets the Name & Number it "broadcasts" the info to all clients listening for YAC such as Tivo etc...

This would work like have you ever uploaded to your XBOX via FTP while watching a movie? How XBMC you could be watching a movie but in the background the FTPD Dameon listens on port 21 etc...

Beelzebub
03-17-2004, 09:51 PM
you still dont get it do you "It is possible" I even confirmed this with the XBMC team over on EFNet all they need to add is support for it............

All it needs to do is listen on a port and listen for YAC and when YAC on "PC" gets the Name & Number it "broadcasts" the info to all clients listening for YAC such as Tivo etc...

This would work like have you ever uploaded to your XBOX via FTP while watching a movie? How XBMC you could be watching a movie but in the background the FTPD Dameon listens on port 21 etc...

A python script was just for quick support kind of like the RSS feed but currently it has no support to go from different segmants just Home screen they need to add support via XBMC which I already have talked to some of the developers and there looking into it.

Torg
03-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Beelzebub,

I dont think *you* get it. All you have achieved is a way to modify #1.

Of course it will work, but as soon as you run a game it wil not. If you stay in XBMC then it will work, if you leave your stuck.

Now of couse you could make it a TSR. But that indroduces a whole list of other problems (go read up on the debug TSR).

Again, just so you understand, the Xbox does not multitask.

Beelzebub
03-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Beelzebub,

I dont think *you* get it. All you have achieved is a way to modify #1.

Of course it will work, but as soon as you run a game it wil not. If you stay in XBMC then it will work, if you leave your stuck.

Now of couse you could make it a TSR. But that indroduces a whole list of other problems (go read up on the debug TSR).

Again, just so you understand, the Xbox does not multitask.

Hrm...... I never mentioned anything about "Playing" games as my discussion was never during games? or did I say during games? I said this could (and will) be a feature for XBMC not while playing games... So your the one who isn't understanding correctly as I pointed this to being a "Feature" in XBMC not while Playing "GAMES" If you look at my first post NOTICE how it says "For XBox Media Center" got it?

deanm_nz
05-12-2004, 06:20 PM
http://www.gueux.net/xbmc-scripts/index.html