PDA

View Full Version : DVDShrink & still too large

Porterx
03-18-2004, 09:26 AM
I'm trying to make a DVD that started out pretty large. I've got it down to 4.886GB with DVDShrink. What do I need to do to get it down to 4.464GB?

Porter

malfunct
03-18-2004, 01:19 PM
I'm trying to make a DVD that started out pretty large. I've got it down to 4.886GB with DVDShrink. What do I need to do to get it down to 4.464GB?

Porter

If you are at dvdshrinks max you have two choices, use a re-encoder to encode at a lower resolution/bitrate or make your original dvd set smaller before you hit it with dvd shrink.

Porterx
03-18-2004, 06:27 PM
Backed up with DVDShrink to hard drive again and now it fits. I guess, if you just keep backing up the backup, it'll eventually fit.

Porter

malfunct
03-18-2004, 06:39 PM
Backed up with DVDShrink to hard drive again and now it fits. I guess, if you just keep backing up the backup, it'll eventually fit.

Porter

Is the quality still ok?

Porterx
03-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Is the quality still ok?

The quality is fine. I'm having other problems now. At one point, I got it to dvd but it still had commercials but I think that was operator error. I could play the mpg's in mplayer though. TyTool 9r11 keeps crashing at vob-mux. I read in the 9r11 thread that FAE cuts causes crashes somehow. Not sure if I understood that either. I'm trying it without FAE cuts now. Didn't know what I was doing there anyway. Will post back results when and if I succeed.

Porter