PDA

View Full Version : David Bought banned again

SI 800-830-6080
03-18-2004, 11:31 AM
I don't know any of the details of the situation. I'm guessing that he finally just pissed everybody off.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=153505#post153505

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154320&postcount=54

TiVOBell
03-18-2004, 12:26 PM
I don't know any of the details of the situation. I'm guessing that he finally just pissed everybody off.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=153505#post153505

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154320&postcount=54

:rolleyes:

cali
03-18-2004, 01:37 PM
Hi david!
Be sure to answer my PM about the Parental control patch.....
I am sooo close......but I just need to know exactly where to patch :p

captain_video
03-18-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm guessing that he finally just pissed everybody off.

Naah. You did that a long time ago. :p

jeboo
03-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Hi david!
Be sure to answer my PM about the Parental control patch.....
I am sooo close......but I just need to know exactly where to patch :p

Check the '4.0 on S2' sticky :)

SI 800-830-6080
03-18-2004, 04:20 PM
Gee that's funny, how did my username change?

It used to be 800-830-XXXX.

Vadim
03-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Gee that's funny, how did my username change?

It used to be 800-830-XXXX.

Gee, I don't know. I heard that the managment doesn't like you too much.
JJ gave you three strikes but your 203490329403940394039049304TH strike has been exhausted.

vu2vu
03-20-2004, 05:52 AM
So is he gone for good? Or just a temp thing?

AVD
03-28-2004, 11:18 PM
gone for good?

look here: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/search.php?searchid=139570

he is breaking a JJBliss rule, but otherwise he is being super polite..

JJBliss
03-28-2004, 11:19 PM
gone for good?

look here: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/search.php?searchid=139570

he is breaking a JJBliss rule, but otherwise he is being super polite..

What are you talking about ??

tytyty
03-28-2004, 11:21 PM
Its so cute DB is a riot.

THREAD CLOSED
03-28-2004, 11:33 PM
Its so cute DB is a riot.

Dear sir,

DB has been permanently removed from our community, so it would be a good idea to get off his **** already.

Regards,

tytyty
03-29-2004, 12:23 AM
Dear sir,

DB has been permanently removed from our community, so it would be a good idea to get off his **** already.

Regards,
My apoligies.

It should have read DDB is such a riot, in the furture I must check my posts more thurougly.

Good day to you and yours.

webwide
03-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Dear sir,

Regards,

I see a developing attitude problem here....

Also here:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=157112&postcount=3

Berating another poster for not answering a question without actually answering it yourself? I believe many in this thread have already addressed the difficulty people have in changing. Are we not seeing that in action?

captain_video
03-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Dear sir,

Regards,

Perhaps the member known as David Bought may have been banned but it would appear that he has simply resurfaced under another name. Who else would have a user name like "Thread Closed?" Give me a break! Few members here would bother posting a reponse in his defense and the type of response given, as noted by webwide, certainly ads sufficiently reasonable doubt as to the true identity of our new "member." The polite manner in which he addresses himself is certainly welcome but what's the point of posting if you're not going to be helpful? Posting for the pure act of criticizing another member's post, no matter how politely it is presented, is non-productive and a waste of space. If you've got something helpful to ad then by all means post it. Otherwise, kindly keep it to yourself. BTW, the citicism posted by "Thread Closed" in the link referenced by webwide was completely unwarranted as my reply was correct and based on personal experience and was in direct response to the original question. In other words, it was accurate and on-topic, unlike the reply from "Thread Closed".

sanderton
03-29-2004, 11:48 AM
Actually, if you look through Davi... THREAD CLOSED's postings so far, they are not only polite but also helpful.

I can't see that the particular post is "berating" anyone - and he has a point, the original poster asked how he could avoid losing his telnet connection and "reboot your TiVo" is not an answer to that question.

Anyone care to start a sweep on how long DB can keep it up though?

SR712
03-29-2004, 12:40 PM
Prolly not for long :) LOL! BTW, what needs sweeping, and can we use a vacuum instead? :confused:

tytyty
03-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Prolly not for long :) LOL! BTW, what needs sweeping, and can we use a vacuum instead? :confused:
I believe he means a sweepstakes.

Over/Under is 25 posts

SR712
03-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Oh, that's different.... Never Mind.... :D

sanderton
03-29-2004, 12:46 PM
BTW, what needs sweeping, and can we use a vacuum instead? :confused:

I forget you Americans aren't allowed to gamble by your freedom-loving government. :p

SR712
03-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Sure we are... I went to Vegas and everyone was sweeping. :D

vu2vu
03-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Gambling is controlled on a state to state basis. This is why Las Vegas, Neveda is such a popular place.

Also Native American reservations are a popular spot, because they are not subject to the same state laws.

I forget you Americans aren't allowed to gamble by your freedom-loving government. :p

mrblack51
03-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Perhaps the member known as David Bought may have been banned but it would appear that he has simply resurfaced under another name. Who else would have a user name like "Thread Closed?" Give me a break! Few members here would bother posting a reponse in his defense and the type of response given, as noted by webwide, certainly ads sufficiently reasonable doubt as to the true identity of our new "member." The polite manner in which he addresses himself is certainly welcome but what's the point of posting if you're not going to be helpful? Posting for the pure act of criticizing another member's post, no matter how politely it is presented, is non-productive and a waste of space. If you've got something helpful to ad then by all means post it. Otherwise, kindly keep it to yourself. BTW, the citicism posted by "Thread Closed" in the link referenced by webwide was completely unwarranted as my reply was correct and based on personal experience and was in direct response to the original question. In other words, it was accurate and on-topic, unlike the reply from "Thread Closed".

you have no proof linking DB to TC. Until you do, do not make such accusations. i have found many of his posts to be helpful and insightful. you dont like TC, which isnt surprising since you didnt like DB or other people with similar posting styles. however, please keep your opinions to yourself

captain_video
03-29-2004, 03:16 PM
you have no proof linking DB to TC. Until you do, do not make such accusations. i have found many of his posts to be helpful and insightful. you dont like TC, which isnt surprising since you didnt like DB or other people with similar posting styles. however, please keep your opinions to yourself

Whatever. :rolleyes:

I can't see that the particular post is "berating" anyone - and he has a point, the original poster asked how he could avoid losing his telnet connection and "reboot your TiVo" is not an answer to that question.

Actually he only asked what he was doing wrong. I couldn't give him the answer to that question so my post was offered as a workaround to get him up and running again since I also ran into the same situation. It's a random occurrence and he may not have actually done anything wrong except perhaps get up on the wrong side of the bed or walk under a ladder. So far I haven't seen any better suggestions posted to help him out.

Sleeper
03-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Give it a rest allready.

There is no evidence that THREAD_CLOSED is DB.

He has not demeaned anyone the same way as DB would. He has not used the same offensive language that DB used.

And even if you THINK it's him, don't provoke him. Obviously, he is trying to turn a new leaf.

Captain, although rebooting may work, it doesn't help determine the cause of the problem. I think that's what THREAD_CLOSED was saying. He is correct. No need to take offense.

Vadim
03-29-2004, 06:24 PM
kids, play nice.

captain_video
03-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Captain, although rebooting may work, it doesn't help determine the cause of the problem. I think that's what THREAD_CLOSED was saying. He is correct. No need to take offense.

None taken. :)

AlphaWolf
03-29-2004, 10:17 PM
Am I the only one who noticed that david bought was never actually gone (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33150)?

Dunno why the rest of you complain, he provides good comic relief for this forum :D

JJBliss
03-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Am I the only one who noticed that david bought was never actually gone (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33150)?

Please STOP speculating as to what other identities David Bought might have registered.

There is no reason to assume that the link you pointed to is anyone other then who it seems to be.

Since you have no evidence, nor will you EVER have any evidence, I suggest you cease.

AVD
03-30-2004, 09:48 PM
people with access to the ip logs may have a clue

but then again, DB is smart enough to cover his tracks if he wanted to.

vu2vu
03-31-2004, 01:25 AM
Welcome to the forum THREAD_CLOSED

Enjoy your stay at DDB

mrblack51
03-31-2004, 02:29 AM
people with access to the ip logs may have a clue

until such a time as there is a reason to do such investigating, it will not be done. I can assure you that these random accusations will not be motivation enough to do such a thing.

AVD
04-02-2004, 10:47 PM
sorry for the misunderstanding,

I was only talking hypothetically, far be it from me to even suggest that there is anything to warrant any form of investigation.