PDA

View Full Version : Channel logos

Lyle
03-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Small question about those logos and tivowebplus. Everytime I hit the logo option it's telling me 'Logo dataset is empty'. I'm getting no channel logos at all on the machine (just your generic directv logo on every channel) and I'm just wondering what I need to do to fix this. I found this:

http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32354&highlight=logo+dataset+empty

Which seems to have a solution (post #6) but it's on the series 1 board and I'm not sure if it applies to my Hughes SD-DVR40 and even if it does, I don't wanna use it if there are newer files that might do a better job. Any input on this would be much appreciated.

SI 800-830-6080
03-18-2004, 01:27 PM
NEWBIE post, GET THE HELL OUT OF THE S2 HACKING FORUM NOW

THREAD CLOSED

Lyle
03-18-2004, 01:36 PM
I'd say this is pretty relevant to series 2 hacking since the machine I'm trying to figure this out on is a series 2.

So take a chill pill homey and don't be hatin'.

SI 800-830-6080
03-18-2004, 01:40 PM
WRONG, you are asking stupid NEWBIE questions, not hacking.

Cut the faux-ghetto bullshit and take your question where it belongs.

falcontx
03-18-2004, 02:22 PM
First of all, I do not think that anyone aside from the moderators, especially self-proclaimed newbies (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=153860), should feel that they have the right to declare threads closed.

But to address the issue at hand, Lyle, if you had read/searched the TivoWebPlus thread (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=153974), you would have noticed that we are aware of the issue.

falcontx

JJBliss
03-18-2004, 02:31 PM
NEWBIE post, GET THE HELL OUT OF THE S2 HACKING FORUM NOW

THREAD CLOSED

hmmm... This is a disturbing trend......

If this is NOT David Bought, then do I have another person typing Thread Closed and yelling at users???

Hmmm... What to do, what to do.......

If it IS Bought, and he's using this account to circumvent the ban placed on him by Vadim, then we are going to have a serious problem on our hands....

Hmm....

Sounds like Bought, doesn't it?

Well, despite my personal stance on free speech, we all know that you right to swing your fist stops right at the tip of another persons nose. If this is Bought, then he needs to be banned for using an alternate alias to carry on the same agenda as a banned account.

If it's NOT Bought, then another user has learned from him, and things are getting out of hand.

Either way, as of right now, the three strike rule applies to non-moderators threatening to ban users OR claiming/stating THREAD CLOSED.

This shouldn't be a problem for most of our users, but there are apparently a few who will not benefit from this new rule.

Let's see how it goes from here.

chaeberle
03-18-2004, 02:38 PM
Well, despite my personal stance on free speech, we all know that you right to swing your fist stops right at the tip of another persons nose.
Not to mention, the right to free speech is a legal definition which doesn't apply to privately operated resources such as message boards like this one. Freedom of Speech (as defined in the First Amendment) applies to Governments, not private entities. Companies, individuals, web forum administrators, etc., are fully within their rights to moderate discussions within their own boundaries. :)

Not that the point really matters here, but I feel compelled to point that out whenever I read the words 'free speech' on a bulletin board. T'aint none. :)

SI 800-830-6080
03-18-2004, 02:40 PM
Okay. How many strikes do I have left?

Vadim
03-18-2004, 02:41 PM
hmmm... This is a disturbing trend......

If this is NOT David Bought, then do I have another person typing Thread Closed and yelling at users???

Hmmm... What to do, what to do.......

If it IS Bought, and he's using this account to circumvent the ban placed on him by Vadim, then we are going to have a serious problem on our hands....

Hmm....

Sounds like Bought, doesn't it?

Well, despite my personal stance on free speech, we all know that you right to swing your fist stops right at the tip of another persons nose. If this is Bought, then he needs to be banned for using an alternate alias to carry on the same agenda as a banned account.

If it's NOT Bought, then another user has learned from him, and things are getting out of hand.

Either way, as of right now, the three strike rule applies to non-moderators threatening to ban users OR claiming/stating THREAD CLOSED.

This shouldn't be a problem for most of our users, but there are apparently a few who will not benefit from this new rule.

Let's see how it goes from here.

I agree with this!

JJBliss
03-18-2004, 02:42 PM
Okay. How many strikes do I have left?

As of right now, three. However, I'm considering taking ONE for the taunting of a moderator.

You're wearing on me.

SI 800-830-6080
03-18-2004, 02:44 PM
As of right now, three. However, I'm considering taking ONE for the taunting of a moderator.

You're wearing on me.

Why was our comrade DB banned? He didn't even do anything wrong.

Please explain what happened so that we are not accidentally led down the same path.

funeral
03-18-2004, 02:56 PM
I fail to understand why the admins tolerate this at all, it really is annoying. As the saying goes one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch .

chaeberle
03-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Wrong as in impersonating (badly) a moderator and making threats as if he were one?

Wrong as in criticizing the moderator staff for not removing a post he didn't feel was appropriate (a judgement not his, but the staffs, to make)?

Wrong as in being a small, sad, abrasive individual who seemed to delight in ridiculing people he looked down upon because they didn't have his level of knowledge?

Define wrong, please.

Oh, but could you do it in the Newbie forum? You're asking questions that don't belong in this forum. (Ironic, isn't it?)

captain_video
03-18-2004, 03:38 PM

Please explain what happened so that we are not accidentally led down the same path.

Does "we" include yourself and your other personalities?

ocomik
03-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Does "we" include yourself and your other personalities?

I'm not familiar with this particular software that runs this board but can't you block an IP. Even if it's dynamic, how big could the IP block be? Can't get on, you're either DB or as our gov't calls it, "collateral damage".

Just my less than 2 cents...
Ocomik

chaeberle
03-18-2004, 04:42 PM
But it can be so entertaining for both the staff and users when someone tries to circumvent a ban and pass themselves off as someone else, without changing anything about their online personna to make the attempt passable! :p