PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Problems

ppr8
03-18-2004, 07:56 PM
I have a Huges box mode "gxcebotd" that I had upgraded from the 30 Gig Drive to an 80 Gig Drive last year. I had blessed the Single new drive with the DSR6000 2.5-01-1-001 image.

I have now restarted the Tivo Subscription with DirecTV and realize that the local channels don't work. I was told by support that the image needs to be upgraded to something higher. Can someone tell me where can I can get a newer version of the image or how do I go about fixing this problem.

Can I back up an image from my other Huges box (model SD-DVR40) and restore it to this GXCEBOT ?

Thanks

malfunct
03-18-2004, 08:03 PM
I have a Huges box mode "gxcebotd" that I had upgraded from the 30 Gig Drive to an 80 Gig Drive last year. I had blessed the Single new drive with the DSR6000 2.5-01-1-001 image.

I have now restarted the Tivo Subscription with DirecTV and realize that the local channels don't work. I was told by support that the image needs to be upgraded to something higher. Can someone tell me where can I can get a newer version of the image or how do I go about fixing this problem.

Can I back up an image from my other Huges box (model SD-DVR40) and restore it to this GXCEBOT ?

Thanks

Is your drive unhacked other than just increase in size? If so hook it to the phone and wait for the new version to download, it will happen automatically eventually.

The image from the SD-DVR40 is completely incompatable with the GXCEBOT, different hardware completely.

BTW could a mod move this to newbie, not an expert question for sure.

ppr8
03-19-2004, 06:28 PM
Is your drive unhacked other than just increase in size? If so hook it to the phone and wait for the new version to download, it will happen automatically eventually.

The image from the SD-DVR40 is completely incompatable with the GXCEBOT, different hardware completely.

BTW could a mod move this to newbie, not an expert question for sure.

No, I used the original Drive in my computer for a different purpose. I blessed the new drive with the image for DSR6000 (version 2.5-01-1-001) that I could download at the time.

I have waited several days now and after the daily call, the version continues to remain the same. Is there a location where I can download and bless this existing drive with a newer image.

Thanks