PDA

View Full Version : DVR40 hangs after successful Monte using sleepers

junior0579
03-21-2004, 11:22 PM
I already have a good DVR40 that I am not hacking so I did not use another HDD when running sleepers.iso

I am hacking my second dvr40 and I ran sleepers, did the backup stage and skipped the restore stage.
I did the surgery stage and the hacks stage and everything completed successfully.

When I put the HDD in the dvr40 it hangs at the almost there screen.

I have done a lot of searching and reading before posting and I have successfully hacked my old HDVR2 so I please don't flame me. I am looking for suggestions on what might have gone wrong.

tytyty
03-21-2004, 11:36 PM
I already have a good DVR40 that I am not hacking so I did not use another HDD when running sleepers.iso

I am hacking my second dvr40 and I ran sleepers, did the backup stage and skipped the restore stage.
I did the surgery stage and the hacks stage and everything completed successfully.

When I put the HDD in the dvr40 it hangs at the almost there screen.

I have done a lot of searching and reading before posting and I have successfully hacked my old HDVR2 so I please don't flame me. I am looking for suggestions on what might have gone wrong.
You have already answered your own question, you didnt follow the script so it failed what is so hard to understand?

junior0579
03-21-2004, 11:40 PM
You have already answered your own question, you didnt follow the script so it failed what is so hard to understand?

How did I not follow the script? I used an original tivo drive to run the script on, there was no need to restore an image of the sw it already had. I did everything else.

BTW, I have done one other DVR40 in EXACTLY the same way and it worked.

tytyty
03-21-2004, 11:42 PM
How did I not follow the script? I used an original tivo drive to run the script on, there was no need to restore an image of the sw it already had. I did everything else.

BTW, I have done one other DVR40 in EXACTLY the same way and it worked.
you are absolutley incorrect AFTER you read the scripts and understand how they work come back and defend yourself.

junior0579
03-21-2004, 11:56 PM
you are absolutley incorrect AFTER you read the scripts and understand how they work come back and defend yourself.

I don't know why I even bothered posting here. I have spent hours reading the damn posts here and should have know better than to expect any help from people here. Why can't you just give a simple answer as to what I might be doing wrong instead of trying to make me feel like a dumbass?

Does it make you feel like a big man to do that? Do you feel smarter because you corrected the dumbass? I hope you enjoyed your little moment of triumph because I know it must be a sad life you lead trying to stay on top of all the dumbasses at dealdatabase forums.

Thanks for nothing Mr. Know-It-All

Wolffpack
03-22-2004, 07:17 AM
You skipped the restore phase, thus you didn't follow the script. I believe ty mentioned reading the scripts, not the posts. Read the script and you might get the message.

Sleeper
03-22-2004, 11:26 PM
skipped the restore stage.

a) Follow the freaking instructions.

b) Don't talk back to my landlord.

c) Post problems in the Tivoscripts thread.

d) Use the "how to report a problem" form on the first page of the thread.

e) FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!

junior0579
03-22-2004, 11:51 PM
a) Follow the freaking instructions.

b) Don't talk back to my landlord.

c) Post problems in the Tivoscripts thread.

d) Use the "how to report a problem" form on the first page of the thread.

e) FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!

Your "Landlord" sux! In fact, most of the people I have seen post on here suck. You need to learn how to be helpful instead of being a bunch of jackasses.

I wouldn't ask for any more help from you people if you were the last ones on earth.

Keep watching these forums like a hawk. You might catch a dummy that you can correct if you are lucky ;)

AlphaWolf
03-22-2004, 11:55 PM
I don't know why I even bothered posting here.

Hmm....I think I know the solution to your problem, go to your bathroom and grab a couple of qtips and a small mirror, sit by your tivo, take it apart and examine all of the contents carefully, then squat down holding the mirror below your waist level, then looking through that mirror, use the qtips to get some of that sand out of your vagina.

junior0579
03-22-2004, 11:59 PM
Hmm....I think I know the solution to your problem, go to your bathroom and grab a couple of qtips and a small mirror, sit by your tivo, take it apart and examine all of the contents carefully, then squat down holding the mirror below your waist level, then looking through that mirror, use the qtips to get some of that sand out of your vagina.

Lol, that was pretty cute. You took that oath huh? You were probably teabagged in basic too huh? AlphaWolf=overcompensation for very small weiner me thinks ;)

AlphaWolf
03-23-2004, 12:11 AM
You were probably teabagged in basic too huh?

Nah, we don't do that in the army, it sounds like you have lots of experience with it though...let me guess, you were in the navy?

You know, normally I try to be helpful, but I *hate* it when people bitch, and honestly, you are quite a little bitch.

junior0579
03-23-2004, 12:56 AM
...let me guess, you were in the navy?

Nope, never had the pleasure.

BTW, how's your mom? Give her my regards will ya? I would tell her myself but it's a little hard to talk while eating her stinky cheese poonanny, I have to concentrate pretty hard on just breathing.

AlphaWolf
03-23-2004, 01:14 AM
BTW, how's your mom? Give her my regards will ya? I would tell her myself but it's a little hard to talk while eating her stinky cheese poonanny, I have to concentrate pretty hard on just breathing.

You must have really been drunk that night, because that was your dog, not my mother.

How about your mom though? She was quite the barracks whore in BCT, everybody had her ride at least twice. She would always ask me if I would give her a golden shower, so I had to keep reminding her that I wasn't you.

JJBliss
03-23-2004, 01:18 AM
Moved to Newbie

JJBliss
03-23-2004, 01:21 AM
Your "Landlord" sux! In fact, most of the people I have seen post on here suck. You need to learn how to be helpful instead of being a bunch of jackasses.

I wouldn't ask for any more help from you people if you were the last ones on earth.

Keep watching these forums like a hawk. You might catch a dummy that you can correct if you are lucky ;)

Hey... Cool.... We may not be the last people on earth, but our tivos work, and your don't.....

And since we all suck..

guess what?

Your Banned....

Enjoy your broken tivo...

JJBliss

-THREAD CLOSED-