PDA

View Full Version : ,#401 & Directivo SA2

Darwin23
03-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Does this "work"?

antalo
03-23-2004, 12:34 PM
Does this "work"?

I don't know about Directivo, but in SA Tivo you don't need it. If you plug in a USB Network Adapter, it will recognize it and you can select Phone or network.

TheWickedPriest
03-23-2004, 03:37 PM
It did work, when I first tried it (after setting up networking with a USB adapter). Now, with 3.1.1b, I'm not sure -- for a while, my network connectivity was hosed, but the daily calls still showed as working, presumably over the phone line, even though I still had the network dialing prefix. Have to check that.

antalo
03-23-2004, 06:30 PM
It did work, when I first tried it (after setting up networking with a USB adapter). Now, with 3.1.1b, I'm not sure -- for a while, my network connectivity was hosed, but the daily calls still showed as working, presumably over the phone line, even though I still had the network dialing prefix. Have to check that.
On my SA S2, you can select phone, or network. It doesn't matter if you have ",#401" there or not.
I would keep calling in, let it update, reboot, call in, update, reboot, etc..

ChromePlanet
03-23-2004, 11:41 PM
The USB ports on Series 2 DirecTiVos are disabled. But I bought a Hughes unit from 9thTee and was able to use the ,#401 code to call in over the Internet with a USB adapter. Everyone at AVS Forum insists my unit had to have been modified.

antalo
03-24-2004, 09:44 PM
The USB ports on Series 2 DirecTiVos are disabled. But I bought a Hughes unit from 9thTee and was able to use the ,#401 code to call in over the Internet with a USB adapter. Everyone at AVS Forum insists my unit had to have been modified.

I would suggest you call 9th Tee and have it out with them. I can't see any reason for the USB ports to be disabled, other than that it was damaged and they did some kind of modification so it can be used as a S1 Tivo. Where do you connect the USB adapter if the USB ports are disabled ?

antalo
03-24-2004, 09:46 PM

Unplug the phone line, select Network and make a daily call.

malfunct
03-24-2004, 10:10 PM
I would suggest you call 9th Tee and have it out with them. I can't see any reason for the USB ports to be disabled, other than that it was damaged and they did some kind of modification so it can be used as a S1 Tivo. Where do you connect the USB adapter if the USB ports are disabled ?

the direct tivo boxes DO NOT have the usb ports enabled from the factory. Its a software thing, they don't load up the drivers because DTV doesn't want anyone to use the ports.

However if you hack the box and install the drivers you can use the USB ports. The are all fine, just not turned on in software.

If they worked when you got the box from 9th tee the system had definitely been hacked.

malfunct
03-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Unplug the phone line, select Network and make a daily call.

This works on Stand Alone boxes with new enough software. It does not work on DirectTivo boxes. If you have a directivo you will need to hack the box to allow network connections, at that point you will want to install the fixsub script and avoid calling in completely (guide info comes in over the satellite on dtivo machines).

SR712
03-24-2004, 10:16 PM
But I bought a Hughes unit from 9thTee ...

9thTee sells Hughes TiVos?

ChromePlanet
03-27-2004, 09:12 PM
9thTee sells Hughes TiVos?

Sorry, I meant Weaknees.

SR712
03-27-2004, 10:06 PM
No problem. Thought I might have been missin' somethin'.:D

sambryan
04-23-2004, 01:21 AM
I was wondering about this because I wasn't able to make the Daily call from my Linksys 200M on my RCA S2 Directivo..... I see that the satellite grabs the guide info for you. My question is .... How does your Tivo get new actor, director, etc... information? Also is it bad to leave the tivo plugged into the phone line?

Thanks!
Sam
Chunk O' Coal Member :D