PDA

View Full Version : DVDstyler - create DVD with TyTool vob-mux files

bato
03-31-2004, 12:56 AM
EDIT: Now dvdauthorgui (0.975) can import vob-mux files from TyTool

Thanks to liquid217 (DVDAuthorGui (http://users.adelphia.net/~liquid64/dvdauthorgui.html) creator) that mention DVDStyler (http://dvdstyler.sourceforge.net)

Some background:
- I wanted to use a newer version of DVDauthor with TyTool, but was not able to make it work.
- Downloaded DVDAuthorGUI but that programs needs elementals, so I emailed liquid217 to suggest to accept TyTool's vob-mux files, he replied and suggested DVDStyler and consider the option for a future release, the problem is with support, new users will think that can use any mpg/vob file as input and not the specific file needed (like TyTool's vob-mux files)
- Downloaded DVDStyler and it works ok, but I needed to update dvdauthor.exe and cygxml2-2.dll to make it work with my files, some error about PTS records and need to remux.

DVDStyler features:
- you can drag and drop vob-mux files directly
- you can import jpg file for background
- you can create NTSC/PAL menu (single menu AFAIK)
- you can place text anywhere on the menu screen
- you can change font/color
- you can put basic text buttons, change font/color and background color
- you can set chapters for each movie
- you can change post command for each movie

I'll attach the dvdauthor.exe that worked for me in this message.

sanderton
03-31-2004, 06:12 AM
That looks very interesting.

As it's GPL, could jdiner incorporate it into TyTool directly I wonder?

gyre
04-02-2004, 09:13 AM
I guess I might be doing something wrong.

I had one vob file with a movie, so I linked one button to play it and then compiled data for making a DVD-video.

Nero 6 said that the result wasn't valid as it was missing some random VOB.

:(

-- gyre --

bato
04-07-2004, 09:18 PM
DVDAuthorgui now can use vob-mux files created with TyTool.

FredThompson
04-08-2004, 06:04 AM
That looks very interesting.

As it's GPL, could jdiner incorporate it into TyTool directly I wonder?It would be cool if it were folded into the template design somehow. Visual layout is nice but without template support, inconsistent or a lot of work. Josh had played with a visual layout tool but it's nowhere near complete.

FriedPorkSkins
04-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Just be careful. I had the following experience and I've emailed the author. So far, this is a great program except for the following bug/feature.

The first time I created a DVD, I created a temporary folder specificially for the creation of the DVD. I made the temp folder and the DVD Iso folder the same. Imagine my surprise when everything was finished and the folder was completely erased!

I figured that I had missed a setting, so I recreated the folder, but this time, I made the DVD ISO folder a different folder just in case. Sure enough, the DVD ISO was put into the correct folder, but the TEMP folder was erased.

I would like to know if we can have the option to clean the files out of the folder, but to keep the folder. Otherwise, you have to recreate the TEMP folder each time you make a DVD, and if someone makes the TEMP folder the folder where they keep their TY files, someone's going to be aggravated when they're erased without a trace.