PDA

View Full Version : Please help with extraction :(

GTPBoy
04-02-2004, 01:11 PM
Ok, here we go,

I have my tivo up and running with a fresh image patched with sleeper's iso. I updated tytool files to latest release and chmoded them. I connect via tytool and copy over the ty file. I am unable to open in tystudio due to it crashing at 49% every time, I am running XP. I try loading the file into tytool and exporting to vob or mpg, but I am unable to reencode those files, Dr.Divx is unable to locate the end of the file and just keeps encoding and TMPGenc just errors out that it cant create the mpg file. So now I am looking at using mfs_ftp to copy over the ty binary. I am unable to determine what ftp server is running, its running on port 21 and came installed with sleeper's iso. Is it mfs_ftp and if so, where are the ty binaries? Do I need to installed another ftp server to run so I can access the ty files?

Thanks,

GTPBoy

captain_video
04-02-2004, 02:34 PM
jdiner has just set up his website for TyTools so you might want to check it out and read the info he has posted there. It's at www.tytool.com. Are you trying to create Divx files or DVDs? All of the work here centers around creating DVDs, VCDs, and SVCDs and not Divx discs so you may be out of luck.

hart316
04-02-2004, 02:50 PM
This is also another Tivo(ty) to DVD guide that is WELL DONE! This helped me out and have had no problems using this method. It simply put.......an AWESOME tool! That is if you are trying to make DVD's..not Divx, as Captain_Video mentioned.

http://themurrays.homeip.net/downloads/tivo/extraction_articles/tivo_dvd.html

captain_video
04-02-2004, 03:23 PM
That's funny because I just saw that one earlier today for the first time. It is a good guide for newbies but it's based on an older version of TyTool and does not include info on the frame-accurate editing feature of the current versions. It's not hard to figure out but any guide for TyTools quickly gets outdated due to the constant improvements and subsequent releases by jdiner. Still, it's a good baseline to start from and then you can pick up the latest features without too much difficulty.