PDA

View Full Version : failed to obtain the now showing list

hotglassboy
04-06-2004, 02:57 AM
I haved a hacked hdrv2 that i have been using for a while, and I am ready to network to it and extract files. I set up a usb to eathernet conectin and it worked great. The problem is I can't find my tv files. I read a found you need to install a progam the index the shows so the com will reconize them. So I got tystudio and tyserver.ppc.sh. I ftp the tyserver.ppc.sh to my tivo and ran the install and went flawlessly I think. So I load up ty studionad hitload from now showing and it gives a message faild to obtain the now showing list. I have read about this problem but there doesn't seem to be an answer for me. I am shure i a doing somthing stupid, but any help would be apreaced.

captain_video
04-06-2004, 08:33 AM
TyStudio doesn't work for S2 DTivos. Get TyTools and upload the latest files for the Tivo side. If you used Sleeper's tivoscript to hack your HDVR2 then it already has an outdated version of TyTools installed on the Tivo. You'll need to replace them with the latest mips files found in the latest TyTools package. Get it from the TyTools thread at the top of this forum.

hotglassboy
04-06-2004, 05:49 PM
erassed tystudio then binaraly ftpd tserver_mfs7_mips and nowshowing to tivo. then did chmod+x for them then did ./tserver_mfs7_mipsand it coneected. I opened tytools and id downloaded nowplaying list, but when I try to load a show it tells me it "could not open output file. What am I doing wrong. thanks for the help. p.s. it id a dsr 704 not hdvr2

malfunct
04-06-2004, 05:59 PM
erassed tystudio then binaraly ftpd tserver_mfs7_mips and nowshowing to tivo. then did chmod+x for them then did ./tserver_mfs7_mipsand it coneected. I opened tystudio and id downloaded nowplaying list, but when I try to load a show it tells me it "could not open output file. What am I doing wrong. thanks for the help. p.s. it id a dsr 704 not hdvr2

you are mixing up two software packages that are not the same.

If you are running tserver on the tivo side you need to run tytool on the PC side.

If you are actually using tytool on the PC side but mistakenly typed tystudio, the most likely reason you get "could not open output file" is that your output directory does not exist, or is read only, or does not have any space.