PDA

View Full Version : Tytool 9R13 won't make "Key File" for me:

TomP
04-07-2004, 11:37 PM
I used Tytool 913 to download the files to my pc but it won't make the "Key" file for me. I noticed at the end of the file name it has a "-" just before the .ty extention. Whould this play a part in it not wantig to make a key file?
TomP

KEC
04-08-2004, 07:01 AM
Is there a chance that the file(s) were recorded before disabling scrambling?

I used Tytool 913 to download the files to my pc but it won't make the "Key" file for me. I noticed at the end of the file name it has a "-" just before the .ty extention. Whould this play a part in it not wantig to make a key file?
TomP

malibu
04-08-2004, 09:40 AM
It might be a bad recording. I had one .ty file that would not create the key file. It started creating the key file like normal, but stopped after a few kilobytes. Tried it several times and never got it to go any further. Even re-extracting the .ty made no difference. I assumed it was a bad .ty becuase it was the only one out of about 40 or 50 I have done to date that didn't work right.

captain_video
04-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Sometimes you get a ty file that's just flaky and doesn't want to process. You might try using TyFileSplit to remove the beginning of the ty file and then see if it will process. Sometimes a bad segment at the beginning of the file will cause TyTools to puke. If you trim it you may have better luck. Experiment with various numbers of chunks to remove. I've been able to process most files using one method or another and sometimes you just have to try different variations to get it to work.

malfunct
04-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Sometimes you get a ty file that's just flaky and doesn't want to process. You might try using TyFileSplit to remove the beginning of the ty file and then see if it will process. Sometimes a bad segment at the beginning of the file will cause TyTools to puke. If you trim it you may have better luck. Experiment with various numbers of chunks to remove. I've been able to process most files using one method or another and sometimes you just have to try different variations to get it to work.

Also, if you find the damaged segment and its not terribly large, jdiner will take that and when he has time look to see why it caused the processing to break. He wants to build some level of fault tolerence into his processing because dtivo streams are often damaged.