PDA

View Full Version : need some help.

slims
04-08-2004, 02:12 PM
hello all. I have been in the tivo game for a bit but due to moving i had to pack up and leave my dtv sat behind. I was checking out some web sites last night and see that people have added a networking plate in to there tivos. I been looking around the site and can't seem to find out what i'm looking for.
I have a SONY T-60 unit and i have done hacks before. I 'm just looking for adding the NETWORKING wire to the unit. can some one point me in the direction i'm looking for thanks to anyone that helps. I'm not looking to get blashed around for asking this.

captain_video
04-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Check out www.9thtee.com for the Turbonet adapter. It's a NIC designed specifically for use with a series 1 Tivo.

gtrogue
04-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Check out the CacheCard instead of the Turbonet. It's faster and you don't have to use the cache part if you don't want to.

slims
04-08-2004, 05:20 PM
i'm not looking to spend that much money on a nic option. I saw some pics of people installing a KEYSTONE nic card to there unit. Can this been done where is the info on that. Thanks to the people that replyed i know about the tivo card from the 9thtree and i just dont have the cash for that.

sanderton
04-08-2004, 05:27 PM
The 9th Tee option is the most cost effective. To use a normal NIC you'd have to build your own adapter - schematics are available - but it would be a huge effort.

SR712
04-08-2004, 06:39 PM
They make right-angle pci adapters, but the cost of that and the NIC would be more than the turbonet. Now, if you had a GiGE net, that would be different..... :D

slims
04-08-2004, 06:53 PM
whats this mod that this person did on his box http://dvdguides.trilight.net/
UNDER TVIO TO DVDR

modistru
04-08-2004, 07:14 PM
How-To cut a hole in your box to connect a Cat-5 cable to a Turbonet card.

slims
04-08-2004, 09:01 PM
oh i thought he hooked it up to the unit some how. :eek:
Well i guess then i will need to buy a card.