PDA

View Full Version : Extract just the audio from a radio show

thesentinel
04-08-2004, 07:12 PM
I've got a radio show that I just want to extract the audio from. What is the best way to go about this? The show is two hours long and so the video+audio file is quite large and avoiding the video will no doubt help, if possible. I've got most of the tools.

rung
04-08-2004, 09:16 PM
I've got a radio show that I just want to extract the audio from. What is the best way to go about this? The show is two hours long and so the video+audio file is quite large and avoiding the video will no doubt help, if possible. I've got most of the tools.

What you need to do is "demux" the extracted mpeg. It will give you a very small mpa audio file.

malfunct
04-09-2004, 02:03 AM
What you need to do is "demux" the extracted mpeg. It will give you a very small mpa audio file.

What he is asking is how does he demux before he extracts so he doesn't have to waste time downloading the video.

thesentinel
04-09-2004, 04:20 AM
Yeah, thats what I meant! :D

captain_video
04-09-2004, 08:51 AM
You could use TyTools and extract in vsplit mode but jdiner hasn't updated vsplit in quite some time so I can't guarantee the results.

rung
04-09-2004, 08:12 PM
What he is asking is how does he demux before he extracts so he doesn't have to waste time downloading the video.

Silly me! I wonder is anyone has every tried compiling tydemux to run on their Tivo?

thesentinel
04-10-2004, 04:33 AM
I ended up using vsplit, very successfully, to do the job. If somebody figures out a way to send just the audio stream then even better, but not the end of the world by a long way. I assume that you would have to demux the audio stream in on the tivo to send just the audio down?