PDA

View Full Version : Any way to convert a MPEG2 into a Ty stream?

stryugy
04-13-2004, 11:27 AM
I've scoured the boards and found no mention of it so I just wanted to make this quick post and confirm my disappointment.

There's no way to take a Mpeg2 or a DVD file and convert it into a Ty Stream in order to upload it to Tivo for viewing correct?

malfunct
04-13-2004, 11:47 AM
I've scoured the boards and found no mention of it so I just wanted to make this quick post and confirm my disappointment.

There's no way to take a Mpeg2 or a DVD file and convert it into a Ty Stream in order to upload it to Tivo for viewing correct?

The main problem is including all the information that tivo puts into the tystream thats not part of the mpeg2 stream. Noone has taken the time to figure out how to do that.

cojonesdetoro
04-13-2004, 12:54 PM
Some Tivo uber developers have hinted that they have a way to do this but have not released the code. They usually do this because there are bugs or inconsistencies and don't want to be pestered with Emails/messgaes/PMs requesting help. I wouldn't be surprised if you see something in the next few months.

eastwind
04-13-2004, 02:34 PM

Here's a link to a STICKY Thread entitled "Commonly asked questions (and answers): please read before starting new threads" (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31476).

The question and answer are addressed there. (HINT: look for putting video from non-tivo sources into a tivo)

ew