PDA

View Full Version : TY file mpeg dvdlab ?

Princess
04-13-2004, 11:50 AM
I'll try to explain this best I can.

I have extracted .ty Jesus and Paul:The Word and Witness which is about 2.9 gigs. Lets say its 2,350ms. When I convert that to mpeg multiplex file) It stops converting 1 short 2,349ms. Regardless, I load it up in dvdlab and it processes it creating mpa and mpv file. I go thorugh the usual process and then compile the dvd. It does its thing, creates video_ts and audio_ts folders but when it completes (which it completes the compilation phase in about 15mins) I think that's too quick. Well when it finishes there is NOTHING in the video_ts folder. I'm stumped as to what is happening and have reextracted this file multiple times to start the process over from scratch. Anyone have any suggestions.

TIA

Hi8
04-13-2004, 01:48 PM
I'll try to explain this best I can.

I have extracted .ty Jesus and Paul:The Word and Witness which is about 2.9 gigs. Lets say its 2,350ms. When I convert that to mpeg multiplex file) It stops converting 1 short 2,349ms. Regardless, I load it up in dvdlab and it processes it creating mpa and mpv file. I go thorugh the usual process and then compile the dvd. It does its thing, creates video_ts and audio_ts folders but when it completes (which it completes the compilation phase in about 15mins) I think that's too quick. Well when it finishes there is NOTHING in the video_ts folder. I'm stumped as to what is happening and have reextracted this file multiple times to start the process over from scratch. Anyone have any suggestions.

TIA

I've had the "empty" folders with DVDLAB alot. I have exhausted my efforts trying to figure out why. I even reported this problem here, asking 'bato' as he seems to be a DVDLAB poweruser... he said he never saw that problem.

Well I have DVDLAB installed on 3 different computers, and they ALL do it from time to time. It's a 50-50 thing most of the time.

The only solution or work-a-round I have is to go back in delete all the A/V resources delete the video-audio tracks and links and re-created the disc. Only instead of using the original de-mux'd files, you should find the MOVIE1.VOB --- thru however many you had in your TEMP folder... and use those as your new source files. Only this time do NOT de-mux, use as is... and use FAST instead of flexible. it is truely an extra step, but it works EVERY time.

good luck..

captain_video
04-13-2004, 03:19 PM
I can't say that I've ever run into this situation. I would suggest you confirm the location of the specified output directory in the compile window prior to starting the actual compilation process. It sounds like something is changing the directory to something other than what you thought it should be.

Hi8
04-13-2004, 04:04 PM
I can't say that I've ever run into this situation. I would suggest you confirm the location of the specified output directory in the compile window prior to starting the actual compilation process. It sounds like something is changing the directory to something other than what you thought it should be.

I don't think you understand the problem... it creates the TitleSet folders exactly where it's suppose to, it prematurely ends with the last stage of the process incomplete. It mux's the files into VOBs in the TEMP folder as it is suppose to. Creates the TitleSet folders in the target directory specified in the Compile DVD setup. It just ends.. says "Done" but the last stage of building all the DVD files in the titleset are not created.

to prove the point, I have just re-run everything without doing anything else and the second time it worked properly. However most of the time it just does the same thing. I prefer to take the few mins and go throught the proceedure I described in my erailer post and it works every time.

malfunct
04-13-2004, 04:07 PM
I don't think you understand the problem... it creates the TitleSet folders exactly where it's suppose to, it prematurely ends with the last stage of the process incomplete. It mux's the files into VOBs in the TEMP folder as it is suppose to. Creates the TitleSet folders in the target directory specified in the Compile DVD setup. It just ends.. says "Done" but the last stage of building all the DVD files in the titleset are not created.

to prove the point, I have just re-run everything without doing anything else and the second time it worked properly. However most of the time it just does the same thing. I prefer to take the few mins and go throught the proceedure I described in my erailer post and it works every time.

If you are on win2k or windows xp check your application event log for errors, they may be hitting an exception and instead of reporting it in a dialog box just writing to the event log and aborting. It would still be a bug but it might help you see what happened. Also if they have detailed logging you can turn on in dvdlab that would be worth a go, that way when it aborts you might see exactly what step its failing on and if you are lucky an error message.

Hi8
04-14-2004, 08:37 AM
If you are on win2k or windows xp check your application event log for errors, they may be hitting an exception and instead of reporting it in a dialog box just writing to the event log and aborting. It would still be a bug but it might help you see what happened. Also if they have detailed logging you can turn on in dvdlab that would be worth a go, that way when it aborts you might see exactly what step its failing on and if you are lucky an error message.

I'll besure and check that, never thought to look there. It would be nice to understand why it so unpredictable.

Homer S
04-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Are you physically present when it completes? I have had a similar problem which is detailed here http://www.mmbforums.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3312&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=error+missing. If you are, there willl be a small dialog about an error like "the size of run-length is over 1440 bits" which will timeout and the DVD window appears that it worked "Done!" but the temp directory has only the vob files but none of the other files.

Homer Out

Hi8
04-14-2004, 04:27 PM
Are you physically present when it completes? I have had a similar problem which is detailed here <http://www.mmbforums.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3312&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=error+missing>. If you are, there willl be a small dialog about an error like "the size of run-length is over 1440 bits" which will timeout and the DVD window appears that it worked "Done!" but the temp directory has only the vob files but none of the other files.

Homer Out

sometimes... way back when I was trying to figure it out. I saw the progress bar kinda leap forward ... skipping the normal "Reading VOB" or something like that... Thanks for the link I will check it out.

Princess
04-15-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm confused hi8. When It is compiling I have one file in the TEMP dir.. but its usually a small file. Varies in size each time I redo the compilation. Once it is done it disappears.

chaeberle
04-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Probably something you checked, but how much free space did you have left when you started the compile?

Hi8
04-15-2004, 01:28 PM
I'm confused hi8. When It is compiling I have one file in the TEMP dir.. but its usually a small file. Varies in size each time I redo the compilation. Once it is done it disappears.

The temp directory should contain ALL the RAW muxed files during the compile; prior to the TitleSet build to the target directory. If you de-muxed the mpeg or VOB files created by TyTool - DVDLab will then have to re-MUX into it's own .VOB files in the temp directory. Those will be named MOVE1.VOB , 2,3,,4 etc... as many as "movies" you have split your disc titleset into. This I should have said eariler ... you need to make sure your settings in DVDLab that those files DON'T get deleted after the compile.