PDA

View Full Version : Tivoweb embedded mediaplayer

hdvr_too
04-13-2004, 10:36 PM
I currently have one set of my RCA outputs on my tivo hooked directly to my capture card on my PC. I use Windows Media Encoder to broadcast the content live. I can connect to it using any Windows media player by just typing in my URL and port#.
What would be nice is if I could add some simple code to the webremote page in tivoweb that would que the client PC to load an embedded media player with the remote on the same page.
The code is pretty simple but I cannot figure out how to incorporate it into the page. It does not require any action by the server other than passing the arguments to the client (or so I think). It uses the <Object> command. So far every attempt to load this into the page gets "invalid command name" error. Here is the code and how I tried to "insert" it if you will.

puts $chan [<OBJECT ID="mediaPlayer"CLASSID="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95"CODEBASE="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701"ALIGN="borderline" WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="240">]
puts $chan [<STANDBY="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..."TYPE="application/x-oleobject">]
puts $chan [<PARAM NAME="fileName"VALUE="http://URL_HERE">]
puts $chan [<PARAM NAME="autoStart" VALUE="false">]
puts $chan [<PARAM NAME="uiMode" VALUE="full">]
puts $chan [<PARAM NAME="stretchToFit" VALUE="true">]
puts $chan [<PARAM NAME="showControls" VALUE="true">]
puts $chan [</OBJECT>]

This only seems to give me the "invalid command name "<OBJECT" error. I gues I just want to know if this is possible. Since I know next to nothing about TCL scripting I would like some input from someone with the "nowhow" to tell me I'm way off base or on the right track.

hdvr_too
04-14-2004, 02:33 PM
Well I guess even though no one here has responded (it's only been a day), I figured this out. It's pretty sloppy but I was able to pass the activex control off to html.itcl and get it to display corectly. Currently it takes about 30 sec. for the player to restart once a key is pressed, but that is about the same as the button delay anyway.
If anyone knows a way to keep the player from reloading everytime a button is clicked let me know.
Furthermore if anyone knows how I would go about using <FRAMESET> to create two seperate frames on one page with tcl, or even better a javascript that would keep the mediaplayer from reloading with the rest of the page-Let me know.
Here is a screenshot of what it looks like so far... :D

neosparq
05-03-2004, 02:23 AM
Nice job. I plan to do this too, but don't have much experience with TiVoweb. Would you be able to post the tivoweb files as you have them configured?

Also, where did you find Windows Media Encoder? All I can find is the v9 encoder which comes with Win2k3 server...

Cheers!

SparQy.