PDA

View Full Version : NowShowing.Tcl Failed to Obtain List Problem

bernstma
04-14-2004, 12:11 PM
I have an SD-DVR40 S2DTivo. There is an old version of Tytools installed on Tivo and when I use it using the Tytools9r13 it works fine. However, when I installed the latest version of tserver_mfs7_mips and the NowShowing.tcl file, it cannot obtain the Nowshowing.tcl file.

I get error that cannot obtain list. Any suggestions?

eastwind
04-14-2004, 12:21 PM
I have an SD-DVR40 S2DTivo. There is an old version of Tytools installed on Tivo and when I use it using the Tytools9r13 it works fine. However, when I installed the latest version of tserver_mfs7_mips and the NowShowing.tcl file, it cannot obtain the Nowshowing.tcl file.

I get error that cannot obtain list. Any suggestions?
Did you transfer the NowShowing.tcl in binary mode rather than ascii?
Did you set the permissions to make it executable?
I know these are obvious questions, but they have to be asked when you give such little information.
ew

bernstma
04-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Hi, thanks for answering.

I did transfer the NowShowing.tcl and tserver_mfs7_mips into a directory called tytools9 on the /usr/tytools9 on my tivo. I did a chmod 777 to all files.

However, how do I transfer file as binary. I am not sure about that or if the file is binary?

bernstma
04-14-2004, 09:44 PM
I just did a chmod +x NowShowing.tcl and tried to the obtain the list and it again failed.

eastwind
04-15-2004, 01:32 AM
If you are using the Windows Command Line FTP client the command for a binary transfer is 'bin'. Type it in before you transfer the file. WS_FTP has three radio buttons on the screen below the lists of files (.)Auto, ( )Binary, ( ) ASCII. Auto is the default, but you don't want NowShowing to transfer in ASCII mode (which it will if not told otherwise). I don't know about other clients, but I would guess that they will all have a way to set up a binary transfer. You don't say what error message you're getting (if any) and where you're getting it. If the error is in TyTool and is 'Sorry could not obtain the list' you should telnet into your TiVo and cd to the /usr/tytools9 dir and try running NowShowing.tcl directly: "./NowShowing.tcl" to see if it works. If not, you have transferred the file in ASCII or it is not executable (not executable will return 'Permission Denied'). If it works you'll get a list of all your recordings and a lot of information about them--and it probably means that you haven't properly told the server where to find the NowShowing script.

ew

chadbrandt
05-08-2004, 10:39 AM
I transferred NowShowing.tcl and tserver_mfs7_mips in binary and did a chmod on both of them. I made sure the directory was writable to begin with and everything else you need to do. I worked on the NowShowing "could not obtain the list" for a couple weeks thinking I was doing something wrong. I finally realized there was nothing recorded and thus nothing was in the NowShowing file. Tytools returns "Sorry... Could Not Obtain List" if nothing is there. Just something to check especially if you've just loaded a new image and nothing is recorded.
I felt like a dunce, but I was happy to discover the fix was so easy as to make sure something was recorded.