PDA

View Full Version : Media Player Classic from TivoWebPlus

PortlandPaw
04-17-2004, 11:06 PM
I've looked and looked for an answer in the forums, so please excuse me if this seemingly simple question has been answered.

I've given up on making WMP work with the right aspect ratio, so I downloaded Media Player Classic 6.4.8.2. Every indication on the forum is that it should work just great. I've made the file association for .asx with MPC.

I can load and play shows from MPC with an address, for example, of tivo://192.168.1.11/2496963.asx. Plays just fine.

But when I try to play the same show from TivoWebPlus, MPC comes up, loads the file and then displays "failed to render the file."

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

ponto
04-18-2004, 09:42 AM
I had the same trouble with wmp till upgrading to 9 which works fine.

AhoyMatey
04-18-2004, 11:06 AM
But when I try to play the same show from TivoWebPlus, MPC comes up, loads the file and then displays "failed to render the file."

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Wish I could help. I have the same problem. My workaround is to download the asx file with mfs_ftp and double click that...

FredThompson
04-18-2004, 01:06 PM
I went back to version 6.4.7.5 because 6.4.8.x make an audible squelch then the volume is low with DTiVo streams.

PortlandPaw
04-18-2004, 09:43 PM
I saw mention of somebody who said Media Player Classic Version 6.4.7.6 "worked great." I didn't know if he was talking in general or about running from TivoWebPlus. So I ditched my V6.4.8.2 and got the older version from here (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/guliverkli/mpc2kxp6476.zip?download).

And guess what? Older is better. I don't know about problems playing clips longer than an hour or two, but I guess I'll find out. Right now, I'm happy to just be able to look at things directly from TivoWebPlus.

Update: Trying out all of the available MPC versions indicates that 6.4.7.7 is the most recent version to work as a streaming player. That's on a SA 1 running 3.0.