PDA

View Full Version : S1,252Extreme,Noscrable.o:General guidance please

rfc
04-22-2004, 08:03 PM
I have been pouring over the lengthy stickies, even longer older threads and done a ton of searching, but need some "top level" advice.

I have: T60, 2.5.2Extreme,scrambling never turned off.
Soon to have: Turbonet board
I want: pull off most of the shows for either burning to dvd or placement on another T60.

Do I understand correctly that if I install noscramble.o on the t60, then using Tystudio, do the thing where you play a minute then move the file to the hard drive of my pc, that the resulting tmf file is then UNscrambled and capable of being put back on another tivo? I read (in the readme for mfs_ftp I think) that:

"scrambled recordiings can only be extracted/restored as tmf, can only be restored to the same tivo for later viewing and the DiskConfiguration keys must be correct"...

but I am sure I have read elsewhere that it is done all the time, I think because of using noscramble.o. What am I missing here?

TIA

rfc
04-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Any ideas at all?

rfc
04-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Any ideas at all?
Well, further reading has led to one:
There is a difference between NOscramble.o and Unscramble.o, and I have misused the name of the former in both the title and body of this thread.

I think what I mean to say is that if I install Unscramble.o on the t-60, are the resulting tmf files UNscrambled and capable of being put back on another tivo?