PDA

View Full Version : Using JPAG script to manually enter guide data

synthesis
08-23-2001, 04:38 PM
ok- been playing around with uploading scripts to /var/hack and manually executing runupdate.tcl on a 1.3 machine.

Couple of questions:

1) Does anybody know how to alter tvguide.pl to hook details such as actors, genre and show description?

2) How can I pull the date (in perl) so I can convert to unix time within tvguide? And can I easily apply this to data grabbed from multiple days? I can manually enter easily enough, but the more automation, the better.

3) If I want to update the guide, I can only add NEW data- not overwrite extant data, right? I was able to make changes to PPV102, but not court TV (still have the free guide data) for today.

thanks- this stuff is fun. Don't know much about perl, but i'm learning!

syn.

TiVo_Canada
08-24-2001, 12:16 PM
I believe you are updating existing data. Jpag's script will not add new entries in /StationDay

Since you've got Guide Data still can you do an "mls /, "mls /Showing" and "mls /StationDay" and post what the contents are?

synthesis
08-27-2001, 06:41 PM
yeah, i can mls those... and you're right about not adding new showtimes after the guide data runs out. I guess i was prematurely happy :(.

as far as mls- i'm gettinga about 50 lines of data when "mls /StationDay", but it is ending with a "...". Is this the FULL listing? If not, can I attach an argument that will force mls to show everything?

As far as jpag script- will it load if i can figure out a way to dump new StationDay data for each channel (ie, add StationDay/4344/11570 database info?)... every two weeks or so, followed by data grabbed and compiled from a random online tvguide? Or are there other Dbs I need to modify (like /Server/xxxx)?

Can anybody provide pointers? And if I can get an answer to the mls question in the next 2 days, I'll post the mls data.

BTW- I commented out the routines which appears to delete expired guide data- so that after 2 days, i might still be able to mls /. We'll see....

thanks,
syn.

TiVo_Canada
09-01-2001, 06:44 PM
Sorry, I've been out of town for the last week.

I've found the TiVo web server, ie: httpd.tcl, written by Stephen Rothwell to be very useful for seeing the full contents where mls /<DIR> shows "..." at the end of it. You can find that with the ExtractStream stuff at 9thtee.com. Just run it from the bash prompt and then use your web browser with the TiVo ip-address to use it.

Do you still have data in /StationDay?

I *believe* you should be able to replace the data similiar to what Jpag did. You throw a signal to indicate that the Guide_Data has changed after making the changes.

ird2
09-01-2001, 11:51 PM
My TIVO modem got fried last week in an electrical storm and I need to manually enter new guide data.

The only options I can see are loading a slice file obtained externally, or figuring a way to enter my own guide data.

Can someone give me a step by step for creating a dummy channel slot map so that I can enter my own data into TIVO via JPAG's scripts?

Thanks,

IRD2