PDA

View Full Version : DTivo freezing when extracting, TyTool 9r13

bndt12
04-25-2004, 12:04 AM
As a long time hacker and system engineer I am very frustrated with an issue regarding failed recording extractions.

I am on a T60 3.1.x w/2 120GB drives and Airnet. Using unscramble.o I was able to retrieve 3 movies successfully but soon after I experienced a system freeze requiring a power down. Now, with no other changes, I can no longer export any complete shows. Some fail early and some go to ~90% but then the export freezes soon followed by the system.

I only load tsserver_mfs7 and unscramble.o as needed and unload when not in use.

Is there some chance that a buffer is over-running? Could this effect surface if the Airnet connection stopped responding(I have the access point 6 inches from the T60)?

Help, please!

eastwind
04-25-2004, 07:27 AM
As a long time hacker and system engineer I am very frustrated with an issue regarding failed recording extractions.

I am on a T60 3.1.x w/2 120GB drives and Airnet. Using unscramble.o I was able to retrieve 3 movies successfully but soon after I experienced a system freeze requiring a power down. Now, with no other changes, I can no longer export any complete shows. Some fail early and some go to ~90% but then the export freezes soon followed by the system.

I only load tsserver_mfs7 and unscramble.o as needed and unload when not in use.

Is there some chance that a buffer is over-running? Could this effect surface if the Airnet connection stopped responding(I have the access point 6 inches from the T60)?

Help, please!
I seem to recall discussions about the AirNet and bad frame sizes or something similar. Might try a search on those terms (or something a little different if you know what I'm remembering).

Did you try Single Socket mode?

ew

bndt12
04-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the replay ew. I'll try the single socket mode first but I have a busy week coming up so I'll try as soon as I can.

Thanks again!
bndt12

bndt12
04-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Well, I tried the single socket mode with no success. Also I cannot locate the other items mentioned.

Any other suggestions?