PDA

View Full Version : Extracting Dobly digital-HDVR2 Mac G5

Snack
04-26-2004, 09:18 PM
OK so I'm kinda a newbie...I want to transfet my Tivo recordings with Doblby Digital...I'm lookingat at getting a new Mac G5 with the optical digital in....I get the extracting video with a format converter thing...My question is what format is the audio output through the optical digital cable on my Hughes Directv with Tivo HDVR2?? Is it straight AIFF files? I think I can then use Final Cut Express to capture everything and idvd to export. Any help or links to where I should look would be great!

Thanks

whackit
04-30-2004, 07:40 PM
you have a lot more reading to do...

you will extract a single file from your tivo containing both audio and video. Once you have gotten this file there are any number of formats you can convert it to. You will be able to preserve the dolby digital in this process. here's what you need to read up on:
MFS FTP
Tystudio
in my opinion the best way to get tivo onto your mac.
search read search read. all of your questions are basic and have been answered many times.

Snack
05-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Boy did I figure that out in a hurry!! I did a bunch of reading, since asking my question, about how to do all this, so thanks for answering such a basic question. My real concern is/was that... after I did all this...would I still have the dolby digital 5.1 soundtrack to burn onto the dvd? So again thanks.