PDA

View Full Version : Sleepers & 4.0

Hack351
04-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Ok, I have the 4.0 bug! I want those folders for all my Seinfeld episodes. Ok, somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong here. These are the steps I am taking... my setup as follows Fat32 drive on hda, CDROM on hdb, and my target Tivo drive (120gb) on hdc. I have 40g-s2-4.0.1b.mfs on the hda. Nothing else is on the Fat32 drive, I erase everything else everytime but the mfs file. I boot with MFSTools2 in the cdrom. I then type the following...

mkdir /mnt/dos
mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/dos
mfstool restore -s 127 -xzpi /mnt/dos/40g-s2-4.0.1b.mfs

I then put the drive back in my DSR7000 and it boots fine, I go through guided setup and then power it down, take out the drive and hook it back up as hdc. I then place Sleepers 1.02 in the cdrom, choose 'm' for Monte, skip both Backup & Restore phases, and go onto Surgery phase. I go through that and right when it starts the hack phase, I power down the drives via CTRL-ALT-DELETE, plop it back in my Tivo, hook up my Hyperterminal, watch the output, but no bash! I remember saying to check after the surgery phase, but shouldn't I have bash at this point? Should I have kept going? Do you have bash after surgery or after the hacks phase? TIA

PlainBill
04-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Ok, I have the 4.0 bug! I want those folders for all my Seinfeld episodes. Ok, somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong here. These are the steps I am taking... my setup as follows Fat32 drive on hda, CDROM on hdb, and my target Tivo drive (120gb) on hdc. I have 40g-s2-4.0.1b.mfs on the hda. Nothing else is on the Fat32 drive, I erase everything else everytime but the mfs file. I boot with MFSTools2 in the cdrom. I then type the following...

mkdir /mnt/dos
mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/dos
mfstool restore -s 127 -xzpi /mnt/dos/40g-s2-4.0.1b.mfs

I then put the drive back in my DSR7000 and it boots fine, I go through guided setup and then power it down, take out the drive and hook it back up as hdc. I then place Sleepers 1.02 in the cdrom, choose 'm' for Monte, skip both Backup & Restore phases, and go onto Surgery phase. I go through that and right when it starts the hack phase, I power down the drives via CTRL-ALT-DELETE, plop it back in my Tivo, hook up my Hyperterminal, watch the output, but no bash! I remember saying to check after the surgery phase, but shouldn't I have bash at this point? Should I have kept going? Do you have bash after surgery or after the hacks phase? TIA

:rolleyes:

The hacks (including bash) are installed in the hacks phase.

PlainBill

Hack351
04-26-2004, 10:55 PM
Oops, thanks. I have never really stopped b4. I just wanted to do most of the hacks myself because this is 4.0 and I know a lot is diff than what Sleepers had intended this for (3.x) I would do the monte stuff myself but I have never ever got that to work. I have gone as far as copying what Sleepers is doing to the letter and I still screw it up! But anyways, Thanks again.

Hack351
04-27-2004, 01:25 AM
Ok, I got 4.01b monte'd and I have bash access! Woohoo! I know this is nothing to thousands upon thousands of you, but I just couldn't get 4.x to work so I'm happy :) Thank you to all! Anyways, how are you guys running fixsub/fakecall. The one thing I love about my 3.1.1c image that was done with Sleepers is it runs fixsub on a daily basis and I dont have to worry about it. On previous versions (userland hack), I had to run fixsub.tcl manually every couple of days or so.... I hope I am not back to that with 4.x! I have fakecall40 but I need to run it daily. Tell me there is an easy way, like a line to add to rc.sysinit.author? TIA

EDIT: found the answer with TPM (Tivo Package Manager)