PDA

View Full Version : Editing VOB files without re-encoding

Griff1324
04-29-2004, 09:26 PM
I apologize if this question has been asked in the past. I did a brief search with no luck so I am asking for your help. I have already extracted my shows from my DTivo, edited the commercials out, and saved them as a VOB using TyTools. I have saved numerous Baseball Tonight episodes as I mentioned above. After watching them, I want to go through and cut out certain highlights from the VOB. How do I go through this process without re-encoding the video?

Thanks in advance for your help!

later,

Chris

Waruwaru
04-29-2004, 09:37 PM
Can't you just re-edit the key files to re-cut and re-generate the VOBs? Or did you get rid of the original Ty files already? If you don't have the originals anymore, then you need to do the cut using a MPG editor like MPG-VCR or something like that. Maybe someone else know of better ways of editing VOBs.

Griff1324
04-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I got rid of all the files except the VOBs. I will try playing around with MPEG-VCR.

Thank you,

Chris

bato
04-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Use TyTool to create new keys from the VOBs, edit and GOP cut. FAE is not VOB/MPG ready yet.

captain_video
04-30-2004, 10:41 AM
As Bato said, you can reprocess the VOBs in TyTool and edit them with GOP accuracy. If you want the cuts to be frame accurate you can further edit them with MPEG2VCR. If you try to do the cuts in the VOBs using MPEG2VCR without doing the rough edits first you may run into some synch issues. I've found that doing the 2-stage edits on VOBs assures that any audio synch problems will be reduced to the point where they are not noticeable.

Griff1324
05-01-2004, 12:55 PM
Thanks for all the help!

later,

Chris

pheitman
05-01-2004, 01:37 PM
You might consider giving VideoReDo a try. It is an incredible program and relatively inexpensive ($40). There is a trial available.

Peter

dna
05-02-2004, 01:47 PM
Why don't you try using DVD Shrink. It's a great program and it's free. You can load both DVD's and files.