PDA

View Full Version : Gopeditor errors

dna
05-01-2004, 12:16 PM
I'm trying to make my first DVD today... Here's what I tried to do.

1. I downloaded the ty movie file from my SAS2 tivo. File size 3.1Gig
2. Used tytool9.14.
2.1 Generated key file successfully.
2.2 Tried to edit the key file next. Tytool try to load GopEditor and it gives the error "Gopeditor.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."
I tried generating the key files several times and then edit, but same result.

Please help me to resolve this issue. I can provide any additional information.

Thank you

Waruwaru
05-01-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm trying to make my first DVD today... Here's what I tried to do.

1. I downloaded the ty movie file from my SAS2 tivo. File size 3.1Gig
2. Used tytool9.14.
2.1 Generated key file successfully.
2.2 Tried to edit the key file next. Tytool try to load GopEditor and it gives the error "Gopeditor.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."
I tried generating the key files several times and then edit, but same result.

Please help me to resolve this issue. I can provide any additional information.

Thank you

Did you download your ty file using mfs_ftp, or tserver? On my system, only the ty files downloaded from tserver works with tytools. There are some other threads talking about this too. Try to search for gopeditor crash. If you can narrow down the section that has problem then maybe jdiner will be interested in it.

dna
05-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Did you download your ty file using mfs_ftp, or tserver? On my system, only the ty files downloaded from tserver works with tytools. There are some other threads talking about this too. Try to search for gopeditor crash. If you can narrow down the section that has problem then maybe jdiner will be interested in it.

You were right. I was trying to use ty files downloaded using mfs_ftp. I enabled tserver and downloaded ty files again and they work perfectly. I think I made a wrong assumption thinking that all ty files are same. It would be helpful if someone can explain the difference between the files downloaded using mfs_ftp and tyserver.

thank you waruwaru for your quick diagnostic.

Waruwaru
05-01-2004, 07:28 PM
No problem. From what I read, jdiner is also baffled on why the ty files are different as well. See if you can narrow down which part of your ty is causing issues. That way you can help jdiner track down the problem. See this thread:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34067&highlight=tyfilesplit

dna
05-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Very interesting. I think Gopeditor fails when it try to read the key file generated using mfs_ftp downloaded ty file.

I'm planning to record something very small and then download the ty file using both methods and then compare two files.

I have another issue that I'm trying to resolve. When I refresh Now Playing content ty client it shows wrong dates for all shows. For some reason dates are offset. I checked the tivo time and it has correct time. Even tivoweb gives correct time. Any insight appreciated.