PDA

View Full Version : How to update Tivo Software

pakipower3
05-03-2004, 11:08 PM
hi guys i have a Sony Sat-T60 with software 2.5-01-1-011. i have no problems except no local channels which died out long time ago and i was just too lazy to fix it. I had upgraded the harddrive and the software to Xtreme60 2.5 when it first came out and never looked back since then. i remember i turn the option off where my receiver doesnt call out anymore. Since i dont get locals and only way for me to get locals now is by upgrading the software version on the TIVO i can use your guys help on helping me out on how to do it. is it possible i just turn the option on for calling out and maybe it will update the software. i am really not sure how to do this so i can use all the help..

Thanks in advance

vu2vu
05-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Plug in phoneline. It will do it automagically.

pakipower3
05-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Even though i have this option that i did with bash prompt that doesnt let it call out. so your saying just connect the phone line and force a call and it will get updated.

THanks in advance

vu2vu
05-04-2004, 05:49 AM
Yes, it works very well.

Even though i have this option that i did with bash prompt that doesnt let it call out. so your saying just connect the phone line and force a call and it will get updated.

THanks in advance

pakipower3
05-04-2004, 06:46 AM
sorry to keep bothering you but i tried and connected the phone line and forced a call and then left it plugged in overnight also and it says call was made and successfull like usual but no software upgrade yet. does it take a while or should it do it the first time. please reply

Thanks

alldeadhomiez
05-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Plug in phoneline. It will do it automagically.

2.5xtreme modifies the TClient scripts not to call out. To revert to a stock 2.5 installation (this will deactivate all hacks but recordings will remain), try:

EMERGENCY_REINSTALL=1 /tvbin/installSw.itcl 2.5-01-1-011

If the box was running noscramble.o, you will want to either run csoscout prior to the reinstall, or hack the new (upgraded) image by hand to disable scrambling. The latter will involve killing the initrd, setting up serial bash by hand, etc.

pakipower3
05-04-2004, 08:50 AM
THanks man. just by any chance do you know how long this process takes. cause i am in the middle of it and have no idea whats it doing but it keeps going. installing var this/ uncompressing etc etc etc is that normal/?