PDA

View Full Version : TranscodeDLL Error

greyskies
05-07-2004, 08:55 AM
Have read through threads till my head nearly exploded. I am fairly new to hacking TiVo and just learned of TyTool earlier this week. I have installed and have tytool working on the TiVo side (after learning that I needed to binary transfer files over to TiVo - doh!). Have TyTool installed on PC side.

Extract ty files onto PC, reset audo, generate cut files, and run other processes, but when I try to create VOB files, I get an error that I need to make sure that TranscodeDLL is in the same directory as the .EXE file.

Problem is that the file named TyTranscodeDLL.dll is located in the same directory as Alpha release candidate 9.14. Cannot find a file named TranscodeDLL.dll. I have attempted to rename the file and see if it worked. No luck. Deleted TyTool9R14 from my PC and then reinstalled so that TyTranscodeDLL.dll was back in there. Ran again, and once again, no luck. ERROR MESSAGE.

The program continues to run, but I get a VOB comprised of 0 bytes.

HELP!!!! PPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE????

eastwind
05-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Have read through threads till my head nearly exploded. I am fairly new to hacking TiVo and just learned of TyTool earlier this week. I have installed and have tytool working on the TiVo side (after learning that I needed to binary transfer files over to TiVo - doh!). Have TyTool installed on PC side.

Extract ty files onto PC, reset audo, generate cut files, and run other processes, but when I try to create VOB files, I get an error that I need to make sure that TranscodeDLL is in the same directory as the .EXE file.

Problem is that the file named TyTranscodeDLL.dll is located in the same directory as Alpha release candidate 9.14. Cannot find a file named TranscodeDLL.dll. I have attempted to rename the file and see if it worked. No luck. Deleted TyTool9R14 from my PC and then reinstalled so that TyTranscodeDLL.dll was back in there. Ran again, and once again, no luck. ERROR MESSAGE.

The program continues to run, but I get a VOB comprised of 0 bytes.

HELP!!!! PPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE????Sounds like a problem with the way you are running the program. How are you doing it? If you get a command window and start Tytool from the directory that it is installed in it should be able to find all the files it needs:

Start->Run
command
cd \Tytool9r14
tytool9r14

Sometimes if you are using a shortcut it won't work properly (depending on how you set the shortcut up).
ew

greyskies
05-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Sounds like a problem with the way you are running the program. How are you doing it? If you get a command window and start Tytool from the directory that it is installed in it should be able to find all the files it needs:

Start->Run
command
cd \Tytool9r14
tytool9r14

Sometimes if you are using a shortcut it won't work properly (depending on how you set the shortcut up).
ew

I have TyTool9r14.exe in the same folder/directory as all of the related files that were extracted with it. In what directory/folder have you placed TyTool9r14 and the related files? Are you using TyTranscodeDLL.dll or another file in your directory? Thanks for your input so far, and hoping that you can help me further.

greyskies

FredThompson
05-07-2004, 08:13 PM
TyTranscode.DLL goes in the same dir as all the other TyTool files.

Just to make it easy, get the TyTool and cygwin ZIPs again and extracted them into a directory. Perhaps C:\Program Files\TyTool is where you should put them.

Using Windows explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\TyTool and right-click on TyTool9r14.exe and create a shortcut. You can put that shortcut anywhere you want and launch TyTool from it.

greyskies
05-10-2004, 12:02 AM
Thanks. I tried that, but this is a recurring situation, where I have to delete the .ini files and extract a copy of TyTranscodeDLL.dll from the TyTool9r14 archive each time I want to Mux. It will error out if I do not delete the .ini files and extract a "clean" copy of the .dll file. STRANGE!!! :(

FredThompson
05-10-2004, 04:21 AM
There is nothing within TyTool which would cause this. the ini files have nothing to do with the transcoding DLL. Seems like you have virus/spyware/malware/misconfigured-"safety" software running.

greyskies
05-10-2004, 07:42 AM
Thanks, but I have run AdAware and other software, no spyware running. I appreciate your response, but there is something in the coding of the software which results in my having to delete the .ini files and to insert a clean copy of TyTranscodeDLL.dll each time. Maybe jdiner can provide some guidance. I hope so!!!

FredThompson
05-10-2004, 09:17 AM
...there is something in the coding of the software which results in my having to delete the .ini files and to insert a clean copy of TyTranscodeDLL.dll each time.
It's not a problem with TyTool. It's a problem with your system. The ini file has nothing to do with the DLL. It is a text files to set variables within TyTool which have nothing to do with the DLL.

greyskies
05-12-2004, 08:51 PM
The problem that I was having with the TyTranscodeDLL.dll error message has been fixed by creating a new shortcut on my Windows Start Menu. Don't know why it was corrupted, but, it was pointing to my Users Folder. Now working fine.

However, new problem - VOB files and vob.chp files (other than the first VOB which varies between approximately 435-535 Mb in size) are 0 or 1 kb in size unless I do not cut or make chapters in GOP Editor. Any ideas on how to fix this so that I can Make/Create IFO files and burn to disc? :confused: