PDA

View Full Version : DTivo upgraded from v2.5 to 3.1 cannot retrieve v2.5 recordings

kpt369
05-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Sony SAT-T60 upgraded from v2.5 to 3.1 recently and cannot extract recordings done under v2.5 using MFSstreams or TyTool?

Hey guys, not sure if this is where I should be posting this question, but this forum seams to have a lot of experts and would appreciate any help that can be given with this problem. Below is a list of what has been done and what the results were. Thanks much for reading and hopefully helping out with this problem, much appreciated.

* Upgraded SAT-T60 from 2.5 to 3.1 using xupgrade.
* Upgrade installed v3.1 and xplusz310 and all is well
* After upgrade installed mfsstreamweb98b and Tytool8rs using bash prompt.
* Put mfsstream file and Tyhttpd file in "/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/" folder & put mfsstream.cfg, mfsstream.cfg.alt, mfsstream.itcl files in "/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/modules/" folder. Changed path in mfsstream.cfg from "path::/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl" to "path::/tivoweb-tcl" as stated in another thread.
* When trying to extract recordings using MFSstream in Tivoweb, downloads fine, but file is 0 bytes afterwards? Cannot open with Tyedit.
* Tried to install TyServer using bash prompt, but not sure how to execute or run on Tivo? Tried using TyTool to access DTivo using correct IP address and get "Failed to Connect"? IP address works fine using TivoWeb and EI?

Was wondering if anyone knows where the problem lies with MFSstream downloads and why I am getting 0 byte file size afterwards? Download works fine, but file is 0 bytes? Changed path as stated and verified that Tyhttpd is running on DTivo by doing ps x command and shows up as started and running.

Would like to get TyTool to work and be able to use for downloads from DTivo as well but cannot figure out why it says "Failed to Connect" after entering IP address of DTivo? Also when using TyEdit can extract new recordings as .ty file from DTivo but very slow. All v2.5 recordings show as not indexed, but new recordings show as indexed? Any ideas why this is? Is there something that needs to be done to get the v2.5 recordings to be indexed that wasn't done?

Thanks for all the great info posted on this site and I look forward to learing from you guys and someday being able to help someone else learn as well. Thansk much

captain_video
05-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Did you enable the noscramble hack in 3.1 using the xPlusz commands? Extraction issues like your always boil down to not having the noscramble hack enabled. Did you have a noscramble hack enabled with 2.5 previously?

kpt369
05-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Thanks for teh info Captain, you led me in teh right direction and I found exactly what it was and you are correct. I needed to run the noscramble.o file and extract after running each recording for a few seconds. Works great finally. You guys are the best.

Captain I wanted to tell you that I downloaded a "How To" you wrote a while ago and it is the best piece of info on the web for newbies and wanted to thank you personally for putting it together. You made life a lot easier with your explanations and whenever I have a problem I refer to it and I can always find something close in it to help with whatever I am dealing with at the time. You have helped me learn a lot and appreciate you taking the time to write that doc for all of us newbies. Its nice to know that guys like you are out there and can help others to learn. Thanks again Captain for all the help.

Captain do you know anything about InstantCake software? I just ran it on two brand new 160Gig drives and when I place in DTivo it doesn't get past the "Welcome" screen for some reason. have set up according to readme docs and all seemed to go well with install? I know this isn't the thread for this question, but figured you know a lot of things so why not ask. Thanks again

CheeseMan316
06-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Ok. I am having similar problems and I have read what you put but the part about running noscramble.o I don't get.

I have dsr6k
I previously had 2.5.2 with noscrabmle loaded through xPlusz 'xp "#47,1"
I just updated to 3.1 and I put xPlusz on it and setup noscramble 'xp "#47,1"
When I run it from bash it tells me "xPlusZ exiting (NOSCRAMBLE already on #47,1), rc=1"

But, all of my 2.5 recordings won't play. I know it was on before because I was able to extract. It appears as though it's not on now.

PLZ help. My wife's mad because her shows are gone and so am I

CheeseMan316
06-10-2004, 09:05 PM
I got it going for noscramble. But I still have no static IP, telnet, tivo-web, etc.

captain_video
06-11-2004, 08:55 AM
You'll have to set up the static IP manually by editing the rc.net file in the /etc directory. Telnet is activated via the xPlusz commands. You need to install Tivoweb manually as it's not included with the xPlusz suite of hacks. Just look over the readme file located in the xupgrade sticky thread in the series 1 support forum. Activate all of the communications hacks including mfsstream and you should be covered.

CheeseMan316
06-14-2004, 10:05 PM
You'll have to set up the static IP manually by editing the rc.net file in the /etc directory. Telnet is activated via the xPlusz commands. You need to install Tivoweb manually as it's not included with the xPlusz suite of hacks. Just look over the readme file located in the xupgrade sticky thread in the series 1 support forum. Activate all of the communications hacks including mfsstream and you should be covered.

Ok. The static IP used to be in my rc.remote-login file which from what I can tell, it's not running anymore. I'll setup the STATIC. As for the telnet, it appears as though xPlusz isn't working at all. It isn't loading noscramble without the 54 option, which from what I can tell, seems to be the going thing. So I just did that.

As for the telnet, I have that enabled (#43) via xPlusz. I'll keep working on it, but if you think of anything in that knowledge base of a mind you have let me know.

CheeseMan316
06-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Ok. The static IP used to be in my rc.remote-login file which from what I can tell, it's not running anymore. I'll setup the STATIC. As for the telnet, it appears as though xPlusz isn't working at all. It isn't loading noscramble without the 54 option, which from what I can tell, seems to be the going thing. So I just did that.

As for the telnet, I have that enabled (#43) via xPlusz. I'll keep working on it, but if you think of anything in that knowledge base of a mind you have let me know.

Scrap the IP part. I got it. I was setting it up with the wrong device id. I somehow setup net0 instead of eth0. DUMB me.

eastwind
06-15-2004, 04:45 PM
* Upgraded SAT-T60 from 2.5 to 3.1 using xupgrade.
* Upgrade installed v3.1 and xplusz310 and all is well
* After upgrade installed mfsstreamweb98b and Tytool8rs using bash prompt.
* Put mfsstream file and Tyhttpd file in "/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/" folder & put mfsstream.cfg, mfsstream.cfg.alt, mfsstream.itcl files in "/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/modules/" folder. Changed path in mfsstream.cfg from "path::/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl" to "path::/tivoweb-tcl" as stated in another thread.
* When trying to extract recordings using MFSstream in Tivoweb, downloads fine, but file is 0 bytes afterwards? Cannot open with Tyedit.
* Tried to install TyServer using bash prompt, but not sure how to execute or run on Tivo? Tried using TyTool to access DTivo using correct IP address and get "Failed to Connect"? IP address works fine using TivoWeb and EI?

Would like to get TyTool to work and be able to use for downloads from DTivo as well but cannot figure out why it says "Failed to Connect" after entering IP address of DTivo?
You want to get TyTool to work, but you don't mention where you installed the server. No server = nothing to connect to. Check the FAQ (linked from the Help menu in TyTool).
ew