PDA

View Full Version : Extraction quality?

blusky
05-10-2004, 01:47 PM
I am a newbie trying to extract some shows from a HDVR2. The way I am presently doing it is using FlashFxp Ftp program to extract shows in ty format from my tivo to my computer. I am using Tytools 9r13 ( Thanks jdiner) and have multiplex mode selected. I select either vob-mux(new format)1 or multiplex(new format)2 then process the file. After the process I use Nero 6 ultra edition to burn to DVD.
I have noticed some pixelation and quality is not that good. I also noticed on files that are larger than 1:26 minutes Nero ask me to compress it so it will fit on the DVD disk. Is there a way to increase the quality of the DVD? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

eastwind
05-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Suggest making the DVD fileset with Tytool and burning as a Data DVD with Nero. The pixelization is not present in the stream on the TiVo? TyTool only copies the stream and doesn't re-encode it.
ew

CrimsonBrian
05-10-2004, 04:31 PM
I have only made a handful of DVDs from the ty files taken from my Tivo, but I have extracted tons and tons and watch them on my computer. I generally watch them at full screen on 1024x768 and dont find too much pixelation. I think the key is to make sure all your recordings are set to record at Best Quality (you can set this on the Tivo). These seem to produce shows that are about 2GB/hr allowing you to get a full movie onto a DVD. I am using TyTool r14 and the tserver that is included with it. Hope this helps!

blusky
05-10-2004, 08:31 PM
Thanks eastwind and CrimsonBrian for your help. I have a HDVR2 Directivo which I believe it records everything in best quality and there is no way to set it. I will have to do a bit more reading to figure out how to make the Dvd fileset with Tytool. There is no pixelation when I play the recording on the Tivo. Appreciate the responce. Will do some more reading. :)