PDA

View Full Version : S1 Tivo Stuck at Clearing Program Data and To Do List

ostrom
05-10-2004, 03:56 PM
I have a Sony SVR2000 that has been upgraded with several hardware and software hacks. It has 120+80GB disks, a Cachecard, TivoWeb Plus, Tivo Control Station, etc. A week or so ago I started having problems recording shows -- I would get some kind of "db not found" error (foolishly, i did not write it down). While my cachecard was out for the firmware upgrade I was totally unable to record anything, so I decided to do a "Clear Program Data and To Do List" from the menu.

Now, the system re-boots, puts up a screen saying "Clearing Pogram Data and To Do List" on the screen and hangs. I have left it running for more than 3 days and also tried several re-boots. I am willing to re-build the disks from my original tivo disk or a backup, if nexessary, but I would like to get some recordings off the disk, at least.

So, I have 3 questions:

1. Anyone know how to break this cycle. If I can just get the Tivo to boot onto my Lan I can copy the shows I want.

2. Anyone know if it is possible to get the tivo to boot the net before it hangs?

3. Is there any way to copy the streams if I load the disks onto a PC. A reach of the forums here indicate that it should be possible, but to be honest, I'm not a Linux person and found the various posts confusing. A pointer to the appropriate info would be great.

Thanks!

Andy Ostrom

ostrom
05-13-2004, 06:24 PM
OK, I have made this simpler -- I have loaded a new disk with a backup and now have my Tivo back up and running. Can anyone please supply a pointer to information on how to copy the shows off my old drives and either restore to the new ones or import into TyTools? Thanks.

Andy Ostrom

captain_video
05-13-2004, 06:39 PM
Look in the extraction forum for info on extracting shows from your Tivo drive while it's installed in your PC. This will allow you to extract the shows without the risk of having the Clear & Delete run to completion and delete the shows.