PDA

View Full Version : New Software - Control TiVo from your Xbox

jasch
05-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Sounds great, but I wasn't able to get it working. When I click on TivoX.py, it shows a (running) legend for about half a second and nothing happens.

I am running the Apri 19 build of XBMC, I set-up all the settings correctly on the .py file (IP, port, user:pass, etc). Also, the .itcl is running on TivowebPlus (I can see it on the main menu).

What am I missing?

carlosp_uk
05-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Sounds great, but I wasn't able to get it working. When I click on TivoX.py, it shows a (running) legend for about half a second and nothing happens.

I am running the Apri 19 build of XBMC, I set-up all the settings correctly on the .py file (IP, port, user:pass, etc). Also, the .itcl is running on TivowebPlus (I can see it on the main menu).

What am I missing?

Hmmm... You're running the same build of XBMC as me, so it can't be that.

What are the first 20 lines or so of your modified .py file so I can see what changes you made? (PM me if you're worried about privacy)

(im away for next 48 hours)

carlosp_uk
05-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Heres my first issue I found:

Hitting the now showing option gives me just a blank screen.

I assume since I have no username and password Im using the proper format of

# Tivoweb Username:Password (or "" for none)
userpass = ""

If the 'TV Guide' bit of the software works OK for you, it wont be a problem with the user/pass. Can you confirm this bit works OK. What build of XBMC are you using? Make sure it's 19.04.04 or later.

(im away for the next 48 hours)

jasch
05-15-2004, 12:05 PM
#!/usr/bin/env python

# =======================================
# TIVOX v1.0 BY CARLOS P
# Tivo Control Station

import xbmc, xbmcgui, os
import xml.parsers.expat
import sys, urllib, urllib2, string, urlparse, re, time
import base64

# CHANGE THESE VALUES FOR YOUR OWN SETUP
tivoIP = "192.168.0.12"
# Tivoweb Port (or "" for default)
tivoWebPort = "80"
# Tivoweb Username/Password (or "" for none)
userpass = ""

# You might also want to change these
# Path where channel logos are downloaded to (dont put a \\ on the end)
logoPath = "c:\\xbmc\\scripts\\chanlogos"
# Path where channel info is downloaded to (dont put a \\ on the end)
dataPath = "c:\\xbmc\\scripts\\chanlogos"

carlosp_uk
05-16-2004, 05:57 AM
jasch, I think I've figured out your problem!

Is there anything in the directory c:\xbmc\python\ on your xbox ?

You need to download and extract the contents of python.rar into this folder. You won't find it in the April 19 build of XBMC, for some reason it wasn't included, but if you d/l an earlier build you should be able to use the python.rar from that.

That would explain why your script says (running) but doesn't run!

I shall add this to the FAQ on my website - thanks for the heads-up.

Carlos

PS: Also, it prob. wont make much difference, but just so as you know, q:\ is always the home directory of xbmc, so you can safely leave the line in the script which says q:\\scripts\\chanlogos rather than having to put c:\\xbmc\\scripts\\chanlogos

nosaj56
05-16-2004, 11:08 AM
You won't find it in the April 19 build of XBMC, for some reason it wasn't included, but if you d/l an earlier build you should be able to use the python.rar from that.
python.rar is included in the 2-12-04 build.

Logandros
05-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Hitting the now showing option gives me just a blank screen.

I assume since I have no username and password Im using the proper format of

# Tivoweb Username:Password (or "" for none)
userpass = ""

Hi8
05-18-2004, 07:41 AM
I have been able to get this hack working, with the exception of ccxstream'ing.

The TiVo I'm using is a Sony T-60 - and my xbox has/had successfully played native .ty files in the past. However that was/is using XBMP. I wasn't aware that XBMC was patched to support .ty files? Anyway, I did notice that ty was one of the default extensions in the default .xml config file.

When I attempt to stream a recording, all I get is the audio, and it is less that perfect, skipping, chirping etc..

Is there any codec or configuration I need to do? I am using the 5-14-04 release of XBMC and the python.rar from the 02-12-04 release.

durin
05-18-2004, 08:31 AM
Hi8 try to revert back to the 4-19 XBMC built, apparently they broke something in the TY support after that.

Hi8
05-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Hi8 try to revert back to the 4-19 XBMC built, apparently they broke something in the TY support after that.

thanks I'll try that... I've just blown the dust off my XBOX - I saw the potential a few months back, but couldn't deal with the FF/RW ing through the recordings. Now It works pretty smoothly. The whole XBMC interface is nicer, I plan on using as my default dashboard. It plays mpgs perfectly (created from TyTool).

It has really come along way in a VERY short time....

carlosp_uk
05-20-2004, 03:40 PM
NEW!

Version 1.1

'To Do' list
- view upcoming recordings
- unschedule recordings
'Recycle bin'
- view deleted recordings
- undelete recordings
'Now/Next'
- current/next TV Programmes

Major speed increases, local cache-to-disk (stores your programme listings and channels locally so they appear instantanelously)

Download from
http://www.fatattitude.com/software

Teron
05-20-2004, 05:58 PM
I tried this, unfortunately I get the error :

20-05-2004 22:40:03 -->Python Initialized<--
20-05-2004 22:40:03
20-05-2004 22:40:05 Traceback (most recent call last):
20-05-2004 22:40:05 File "Q:\scripts\TivoX1.1.py", line 1003, in ?
20-05-2004 22:40:05
20-05-2004 22:40:05 w = MainWindow()
20-05-2004 22:40:05 File "Q:\scripts\TivoX1.1.py", line 949, in __init__
20-05-2004 22:40:05 self.TivoListControl.addItem('TV Guide')
20-05-2004 22:40:05 AttributeError
20-05-2004 22:40:05 :
20-05-2004 22:40:05 'xbmcgui.ControlList' object has no attribute 'addItem'

Any ideas? Wrong version of python?

Teron

carlosp_uk
05-20-2004, 06:15 PM
20-05-2004 22:40:05 'xbmcgui.ControlList' object has no attribute 'addItem'
Any ideas? Wrong version of python?

Yes, I suspect so - this is a typical error for that sort of thing; it looks like your python version is too old to include the full implementation of the new listControl.

Try build 2004-04-19 of XBMC, and the newest python.rar that you can find.

Teron
05-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Yes, I suspect so - this is a typical error for that sort of thing; it looks like your python version is too old to include the full implementation of the new listControl.

Try build 2004-04-19 of XBMC, and the newest python.rar that you can find.

The one I've tried is the 2004-02-12, do you know of a more recent one?

Teron

neztik
05-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Is anyone using this with S2 4.x Dtivo? I have not had much time to work with it. I have it up and running on XBOX but it just stalls when trying to get channel guides and nowshowing.

carlosp_uk
05-21-2004, 05:36 AM
The one I've tried is the 2004-02-12, do you know of a more recent one? Teron

Yeah, your version is definitely before the new python control was added, which is why you're having problems. There's tons of versions at the ftp site ftp://xbmp.uk.xbins.org Although be careful cos after 2004-04-19 .ty streaming support seems to be broken.

carlosp_uk
05-21-2004, 05:51 AM
Is anyone using this with S2 4.x Dtivo? I have not had much time to work with it. I have it up and running on XBOX but it just stalls when trying to get channel guides and nowshowing.

neztik - Firstly, make sure that you've definitely got the right build of XBMC and python.rar.

If this is all OK, then try these URLs in your browser to check that the tivoweb module isn't throwing up any errors. I don't have another box to test it on, unfortunately: (replace tivo with your tivo's IP)

http://tivo/xboxtv?action=listchans

....should list all your channels; take one of the channel numbers that it spews out and type:

http://tivo/xboxtv?action=listprogs&hrsel=5&channum=XX

(where XX is the channel number from above)

......and check that you get an output like this:

id_of_program#startingtime#title#episode title#description$$$$$next_program....

If it looks odd send me the error!

neztik
05-21-2004, 10:09 AM
Does this work with tivowebplus? I assume it would since tivoweb-plus is based on tivoweb 1.9.4. I tried the links from your post (with my ip) and it could not locate the pages. I will try to do some more testing later. I was just curious if anyone was using this with the tivoweb-plus.

Teron
05-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Yeah, your version is definitely before the new python control was added, which is why you're having problems. There's tons of versions at the ftp site ftp://xbmp.uk.xbins.org Although be careful cos after 2004-04-19 .ty streaming support seems to be broken.

Just the wrong version of xbmc. 19-4-2003 works fine.

Quite nice ;-)

Teron.

dialanothernumb
05-21-2004, 03:41 PM
This is a tidy solution. Thanks!

Can you or someone else tell me how to add a shortcut to the python script from the front end of xbmc?

Thanks again

EDIT: I found the relevant thread to do this over here (http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.pl?;act=ST;f=4;t=3986;hl=tivo) (doh)

This is superb!!

carlosp_uk
05-24-2004, 07:29 AM
Does this work with tivowebplus?

Yep, it should do. But we need your help to confirm this.

I tried the links from your post (with my ip) and it could not locate the pages.

Go to TivoWeb, like you normally would. Then click, from the main menu, on the link to 'XboxTV'. This will give you the first part of the URL, then just add on the ?action=..... bits to test the script. Let me know if it works and I can make sure the script supports US direcTivos. It would really help.

neztik
05-25-2004, 11:32 AM
Will do more testing later today.

carlosp_uk
05-25-2004, 12:20 PM
I copied the xboxtv2.itcl to the /usr/tivoweb-tcl/modules directory. I then restarted tivoweb. I DO NOT see it in the menu or a link at the top. I can downgrade one of my dtivos to 1.9.4 if I need to.

Hmmm. This is very odd. Are you sure you're copying it in binary mode? Check your ftp client.

The only time it would not appear in the menus is when there is an error in the code.. (i.e. syntax / parantheses not closed / etc.)

....but if that were the case, it wouldn't appear in anybody's menu rather than just yours! Do try downgrading to 1.9.4 to see if that works as well. I am running tivoweb v1.9.4

neztik
05-25-2004, 01:32 PM
Ok. I have corrected my error in TivowebPlus. I am now getting the links and output. Will test with xbox later.

http://192.168.1.240/xboxtv?action=listprogs&hrsel=5&channum=204

11:00 am#Headline News#Kathleen Kennedy and Renay San Miguel.$$$$$ 2:00 pm#Headline News#Chuck Roberts and Linda Stouffer.$$$$$

Teron
05-25-2004, 01:45 PM
I've tried it with tivoweb+ and it seemed to work okay. "Now and next" didn't do anything but I suspected it was because it wasn't finished yet.

Teron.

carlosp_uk
05-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Ok. I have corrected my error in TivowebPlus. I am now getting the links and output. Will test with xbox later.

Excellent. You might want to try v1.1 too - it's faster.

TIVONET_Y
05-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Hi Carlos,

Just wanted to say, thanks v much for Tivo Control.
I got it to work first time in XBMC,

It seems to work fine in Tivoweb plus.

Thanks again.

Pete

carlosp_uk
05-26-2004, 07:53 AM
Hi Carlos,
Just wanted to say, thanks v much for Tivo Control.

A pleasure - appreciate the thought.

v1.2 is on the way soon, with LiveTV streaming, and channel changing!

carlosp_uk
05-28-2004, 12:29 PM
Just to let everyone know that .ty file streaming has been fixed in the cvs of Xbox Media Center. (My bug-report was officially fixed & closed today.)

It's possible that the 26.05.04 build supports it, but I can't confirm that. As soon as there's another build after today (28.05.04) you can be sure that it will support .ty files from a Tivo.

Logandros
06-30-2004, 02:28 PM
A pleasure - appreciate the thought.

v1.2 is on the way soon, with LiveTV streaming, and channel changing!

I want to also show my appreciation for this fine app ... looking forward to 1.2 as well .. !

thesentinel
06-30-2004, 05:15 PM
I'll add my appreciation too :) Nice job.

If you can, please announce a build that truly supports ty streaming and then I'll go d/l the latest. I'm still stuck on xbmc-2004-04-19, as a result :(

Thanks

frunk12
07-16-2004, 04:44 AM
Thanks! What a great bit of coding.

The "Version 1" of XBMC seems to work fine in most respects.

But I have one query hopefully someone can answer.

TivoX seems to do everything it is supposed to except play the files. I have the Tivo mounted seperately using a XBMS: mount and the files play great, however when I hit play in TivoX it says "Now playing" for a few seconds then does nothing.

Any idea why that would be?

To the person who thought that "Now and next" is broken... I thought so too until 5 minutes later when it all worked! It takes a while to work the first time. Its fine after that.

Regards,

Frunk

rcork
07-16-2004, 05:12 PM
I had the same issue. The only way I got it to work was to download the latest cvs tree of xmbc and compile it myself. After that it worked flawlessly.

Megabyte
07-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Any word on a new version. This rocks. I am working on adding it as a menu entry in the main menu along with an image. Carlos, there are really good hi quality images for tivo on their website. You should use them in your script.

Great program by the way!!!

Thanks,
Joe

frunk12
07-17-2004, 08:26 AM
TivoX seems to do everything it is supposed to except play the files. I have the Tivo mounted seperately using a XBMS: mount and the files play great, however when I hit play in TivoX it says "Now playing" for a few seconds then does nothing.

Solved! It could have been one of two thiungs.

Istead of using the command "ccxstream -r /NowShowing &" I used "ccxstream -r / &" that gives me the menu option of being able to watch LiveTV too.

I also moved ccxstream to a different folder in the Tivo to tidy things up.... this may have also fixed stuff (perhaps by placing it near a newer NowShowing).

Anyway - whatever it was it is great now! Just need a ccxstream that does not crash XBMC when it finishes playing a recording and get that old TivoNet card upgraded to 100Mbit to manage to stream the high res recordings I make. <clicks on 9th Tee>

Your software is brilliant! Thanks again for the effort - now to start skinning to get the icon on the main page :)

Regards,

Frunk

hmd5
07-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Carlos -

I'm having trouble getting TivoX to work. I have the XMBC 1.0 build (XBOX.Media.Center.v1.0.FINAL.XBOX-HTB), and a series 1 Tivo. I transfered the Xboxtv6.itcl to the Tivo subdirectory as suggested and restrarted Tivoweb. I modified the TivoX1.1.py to include the IP address of my tivo and transfered the file to the XBMC.. scripts directory.

I start the script on the xbox and get a screen with the tivo icon in the upper left, your menu in the middle, but the xbox is LOCKED. I have to do a POR (power off reset) to recover.

Am I missing something? Thanks!

neztik
07-18-2004, 08:40 AM
I start the script on the xbox and get a screen with the tivo icon in the upper left, your menu in the middle, but the xbox is LOCKED. I have to do a POR (power off reset) to recover.

Am I missing something? Thanks!

Did you start ccxstream on your tivo? If not download ccxstream and start it in the background. ./ccxstream &

hmd5
07-18-2004, 11:52 AM
Thanks Neztik. I installed ccxstream, that helped.

I now see the TivoX menu however the menu does not change when I scroll down to select a menu item. If I count button presses I can select Now Showing. Then the Now Showing screen comes up, however it has the same problem, no indication where you are in the menu. Once again if I count keystrokes I can select a program and it plays fine.

Is this problem related to TivoX1.1 or with something else?

I'm using the BB_Gaia skin by the way.

Edited:
OK I tried the Project_Mayhem skin and the menu works OK, except the Now Playing list runs off the bottom of the screen. There may be about 2 or 3 shows appearing below the bottom of the screen.

Is there a parameter that determines the number of shows to diplay in a list?

Edited again:
I tried all of Leonardo's skins (BlackBlue ...) same problem as with the BB_Gaia skin.

carlosp_uk
07-19-2004, 01:21 PM
I now see the TivoX menu however the menu does not change when I scroll down to select a menu item.

hmd5

Sorry but this doesn't sound like a problem with TivoX, it's more a problem with your installation of XBMC. Sounds like something has gone screwy with your python.rar or similar.

I'd double-check that you have the very latest version of both XBMC and python.rar, (python.rar is available from the xbmc CVS)

Carlos

carlosp_uk
07-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Dear All,

Sorry I've been away and very very busy!

TivoX 1.2 is under development but will be a while as it's not top priority for me. Any support issues I'll try to answer here. The next version in development allows you to change channels on your tivo and then watch the live stream! So kinda like having your sky box / cable box in any other room of the house!

Just to let you know I have put more ONLINE SUPPORT at the TiVoX webpage (http://www.fatattitude.com/software)

Including:
- HOWTO put TiVoX on your MAIN MENU of xbmc
- ccxstream binaries downloadable

Carlos

hmd5
07-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Thanks Carlos.

I thought the (XBOX.Media.Center.v1.0.FINAL.XBOX-HTB) version included the latest python. My other scripts work fine (KMLBrowse.py, TiVoControl.py, googlenews.py, etc...).

Your Tivo1.1.py script works fine with the project mayhem skin ( except that the program list runs off the bottom of the screen). I suspect this may be due to differences between PAL and NTSC version (I'm using the NTSC).

Regarding Leonardo's skins (BB_Classic, BB_Gaia, etc...) has anyone tried these with TivoX1.1.py ??? ( I love these skins, but they're not working for me with TivoX1.1).

Carlos, the additions to your website are great. Thank you so much for developing TivoX!!!

carlosp_uk
07-20-2004, 07:42 AM
Thanks Carlos.
> I suspect this may be due to differences between PAL
> and NTSC version (I'm using the NTSC).

This is a possibility; it could even be that the listControl is not implemented properly in xbmc python for NTSC. Has anybody successfully used TiVoX with NTSC? Has anybody successfully used a python script on an NTSC system that displays a listcontrol (i.e. a list of items, selectable by pressing up/down)?

scraper
07-20-2004, 08:45 PM
I installed eveything on the xbox and tivo. After editing a lot of stuff (mainly path's on the xbox) and the ip stuff in the tivoweb module.. i got this to work.

I was having the same problem about the last two things on the list not being seen. I also could not play the first thing in the list, not sure why-- but i'll try to get some debug info.. once i learn where that's kept.

neztik
07-21-2004, 09:23 AM
I am using NTSC also, and I have the same problem. I just figured it was a configuration of the screen. I have just been living with it. I will try and do some testing with it.

carlosp_uk
07-22-2004, 01:44 PM
using NTSC also, I just figured it was a configuration of the screen.

Yes, at the moment NTSC isn't fully supported, this is being worked on.

dB02
07-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Anyone using CCXStream+TivoX w/ a Standalone S2 and want to help me? Thanks

I am having trouble getting ccx to work, I have it chmodded and stuff and still no..

neztik
07-22-2004, 07:32 PM
I am having trouble getting ccx to work, I have it chmodded and stuff and still no..

Please describe the problems your having. Also post error messages and such.

dB02
07-23-2004, 02:00 PM
I get an error where it says Opening Connection, Connection Closed, I think it might be because the files are encrypted but I dont know

castylx
07-23-2004, 11:54 PM
Hi,

I have everything running smoothly, except for the A/V not being synced up correctly. Looks like the audio is lagging by a second or so, when playing. Anyone have this problem? If so, any fixes? Is this an issue with ccxstream, tivox, xbmc? Any settings I can mess with?

I have a Direct TV SA2 (HDVR2) Tivo.

Thanks!

-- Fernando

blaxer
07-25-2004, 06:49 PM
I have everything working, sorta... When I click play on a show from now playing it takes literally 2.5 minutes + to start playing, after that it seems to work just fine. Any ideas?

I am using...
Dtivo S1 (sat-60)
XBMC 2004-07-10
Python.rar as of today
CCX from fatattitude website
tivoweb 1.9.4

dB02
07-26-2004, 11:05 AM
Mine works, takes a bit of time to start playing but not bad...

Now I have an idea... I have good sized HD in my xbox, would it be possible to have a program on the xbox to download and archive my old tivo shows? Well build this into TivoX that would be awesome

JohnSorTivo
07-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Now I have an idea... I have good sized HD in my xbox, would it be possible to have a program on the xbox to download and archive my old tivo shows? Well build this into TivoX that would be awesome

You can use your PC as an "intermediary" between the Xbox and your Tivo to accomplish this, along with a few pieces of software, in order to automate the process.

First, you can create a mapped drive to your xbox, on your PC, using the FTP protocol, with a product such as Webdrive (http://www.webdrive.com/index.php?pg=./products/webdrive/index).

Now that you have a mapped drive to your Xbox, you can use the TyExtract (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34932) batch extraction utility, to automate the process of extracting shows on your Tivo, that say, for example, have been recorded more than 1 month ago, or whatever timeframe you desire, which will run, extract the shows directly to your mapped Xbox drive, and then delete the show off of your Tivo. You can set the extraction utility to automatically run each day, through the Windows Scheduler, so that any shows recorded within the extraction range specified, will qualify and be downloaded to your Xbox.

modistru
07-27-2004, 06:57 PM
I use XToolBox on the XBox & mfs_ftp on the TiVo. Connect on port 3105 and voila. Mfs_ftp emulates an ftp server, so in theory any ftp client should be able to connect, right? However, as Yogi Berra put it:
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not."

The problems with this, as I have found over the past couple of months:
1) Fatx cannot handle files > 4GB.
2) XToolBox does not come back when the xfer is complete, so forget about batching a request.
3) Avalaunch won't transfer the files (weird since it is the same programmer isn't it?)

Other than that, extractions come at full speed and play quite well on the XBox. Haven't tried inserting anything. Been doing this as a cheap out for a third TiVo... XBoxes are DIRT CHEAP!

Has anyone else had success in resolving any of those issues?

rc3105
07-27-2004, 11:51 PM
XtoolBox works fine here. you can burn ty+ to 9660 or xiso disks, pop 'em in the xbox to watch with xbmp or restore to the tivo

haven't run into the 4 gig limit yet, but I don't generally record movies & vserver -> xbmp works fine

may noodle with that some more when I get the dual layer burner connected to the xbox

Mr novice
08-08-2004, 06:02 AM
I saw where it was mentioned that NTSC was not fully supported yet :( . Is anyone running this on NTSC and if so what knid of problems are you seeing? I'm going to try it this week and just wonder what I'm in for. Carlos this looks like a cool tool and I'm looking forward to 1.2.

mikemav
08-09-2004, 10:11 AM
I love the idea of integrating my TiVo w/ an Xbox. I have a hacked hi-def TiVo w/ extraction enabled. I know the Xbox can in some ways support 720p or 1080i outputs. I love the idea of XBMC to centralize my media, and tying it into the hacked TiVo with this software. Couple of questions: Does anyone know if the Xbox will play hi-def MPEG or VOBs via XBMC? Thanks to the new TyTool 9r16, I can convert HD ty+ into 1080i MPEG or VOB. Also, since this Xbox app supports ty files, maybe I can save a step and play my hi-def tivo files natively on the Xbox (from a PC server or streaming?)

Finally, I am reading up on softmod vs. hardware mods. If I want "it all", i.e, HDTV support, Xbox live support on occation, playing backups of games, and XBMC, is there a solution out there? Ideally via softmod, or do I need a chip?

I also heard on the TechTv report on XBox hacking that XBMC does not yet support DVD menus when paying from a ripped DVD? That is a bummer. I will read up; hopefully a fix is in the works there. That was a big addition to the MyHD hi-def PC card when the updated their app/ remote to control DVD menus.

Anyway, don't want to ramble on OT more. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who knows about this stuff, especially HD on the Xbox. Thanks

jbstix
08-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Finally, I am reading up on softmod vs. hardware mods. If I want "it all", i.e, HDTV support, Xbox live support on occation, playing backups of games, and XBMC, is there a solution out there? Ideally via softmod, or do I need a chip?
Anyway, don't want to ramble on OT more. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who knows about this stuff, especially HD on the Xbox. Thanks

I've done both Softmod and chip. Softmod more recently. There are definite advantages to both. Alot is a matter of opinion. My recent experience with softmodding has been good. I would recommend the UDE exploit/softmod approach. This one is the best choice IMO:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=227528&st=0
Let me know what you think...

jb

ghost_rdr
08-11-2004, 01:08 AM
hey all,

I am wondering if maybe i am missing something, i have everything working on my xbox and tivo running 3.1.1b i can see my shows and everything , i just cant play them. when I try to play them i just get it says playing for a few seconds and nothing happens, here is my xbmc.log:

11-08-2004 00:48:54 -->Python Initialized<--
11-08-2004 00:48:54
11-08-2004 00:54:13 mplayer play:xbms://10.10.1.2/NowShowing/title_episode_1508482.ty cachesize:8192
11-08-2004 00:54:14 Flipping bi-directional subtitles disabled
11-08-2004 00:54:14 Stating file xbms://10.10.1.2/NowShowing/title_episode_1508482.ty.conf
11-08-2004 00:54:14 Stating file Q:\mplayer\xbms://10.10.1.2/NowShowing/title_episode_1508482.ty.conf
11-08-2004 00:54:14 cmplayer::openfile() xbms://10.10.1.2/NowShowing/title_episode_1508482.ty failed

when i telnet into my machine and run ccxtest.exe i get this:
tivo:/usr/ccxstream-1.0.15-tivo$ ccxtest.exe
Connecting to xbmsp://localhost:1400/
1) LiveTV
2) NowShowing
> quit
ccxtest.exe: Goodbye.
tivo:/usr/ccxstream-1.0.15-tivo$

I am using tivowebplus also.

I have rebooted my tivo and xbox.
any ideas? or what other info should i list here?

Thanks in advance
Dave

pabdaddy1995
08-15-2004, 12:02 PM
i am having the exact same problem as ghost. I can see my recordings in XBMC but can't watch them. It just says playing for about a second then goes away. I also use ccxtest and get the same results as ghost. Any help would be great.

rcork
08-17-2004, 01:51 PM
when I try to play them i just get it says playing for a few seconds and nothing happens

What verison and build date of XBMC are you using. I had the same issue with a version of XBMC i got from bittorrent. I downloaded and compiled the sources and it's been working fine ever since. You can also try to see if you have the latest python libraries. I've heard people have this issue with outdated python issues.

ghost_rdr
08-17-2004, 02:37 PM
I have tried using version 1.0 and the 4-19 build as well. I believe i have the latest python drivers since the .py script is running ok. let me know any other info that you need.

Thanks
Dave

AlphaWolf
08-17-2004, 03:31 PM
What would be nice is to be able to stream livetv and be able to change the channels from the xbox. Might be possible to get ccxstream to work with livetv, but the arguably trivial task changing the channel on 4.x/5.x tivos is not so trivial :) That is unless somebody has figured out a way of intercepting remote keypresses.

What sucks though is that the xbox lacks the 8 second back and 30 second skip buttons which I make so much use of.

modistru
09-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Carlos does make mention of v1.2 with live streaming & channel changing in this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167202&postcount=28) thread...

That was in May though :(

I''ve been patiently waiting. A lifetime tivo will get a new home when that little diddy is released!

Ego
09-01-2004, 09:19 PM
hey all,

I am wondering if maybe i am missing something, i have everything working on my xbox and tivo running 3.1.1b i can see my shows and everything , i just cant play them. when I try to play them i just get it says playing for a few seconds and nothing happens, here is my xbmc.log:

11-08-2004 00:54:14 cmplayer::openfile() xbms://10.10.1.2/NowShowing/title_episode_1508482.ty failed

I am using tivowebplus also.

I have rebooted my tivo and xbox.
any ideas? or what other info should i list here?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Has anyone come up with a possible solution to this? I just ran into the same problem after getting this all setup. I had originally thought it might be because I am running 4.0 on an HDVR2 (always expecting things to not work quite "right"), however, I see some have 3.1.x on their TiVos and are encountering the same problem.

Any insight to this?

Thanks!

-Chris

ravetiludrop
09-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Has anyone come up with a possible solution to this? I just ran into the same problem after getting this all setup. I had originally thought it might be because I am running 4.0 on an HDVR2 (always expecting things to not work quite "right"), however, I see some have 3.1.x on their TiVos and are encountering the same problem.

Any insight to this?

Thanks!

-Chris

What version of mplayer.dll are you using? If you pull a .ty file over to the xbox will it play it without any problems? I had this same problem and kept thinking it was a ccxstream error (also make sure you have the neweast ccxstream intalled and running correctly on you tivo. If it gives CRC errors or directory errors then get a newer version.) but after correcting my CRC error it still wouldn't play. I had just assumed that the version I was running had no ty file problems. Ends up the mplayer version I got worked great with things like the movie trailer site script but would not play .ty files. Got the newest mplayer from a link on XBMC's forum site and everything works great.

Also edited the script a bit for NTSC. Can now watch Tivo without having to reach for that input button on the remote. :) Well that and now the Tivo can be a video server to any room I toss a Xbox into... :)

Ego
09-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Also edited the script a bit for NTSC. Can now watch Tivo without having to reach for that input button on the remote. :) Well that and now the Tivo can be a video server to any room I toss a Xbox into... :)

Thanks for the response! In fact, I actually got this working about a week after I posted that -- the problem was, quite simply, a tivo-only problem (/var was full, causing all kinds of weird things, including now-showing/todo list problems) -- after a clear of /var and a clear of shared memory on the tivo, all was fine.

However, I still can't use the XBox interface in day-to-day use (which bums me out, because I have two tivos, it made for a nice "central" media server, setting up multiple scripts for each tivo and what-not) -- there are two reasons actually.

First, the display of the python script does not render properly when in 1080i mode, which I've recently bumped my XBox up to (I was waiting on the HDTV kit for the XBox). This is a show-stopper, because the interface gets pulled to the upper left corner of the screen, and only half of the real "screen" gets displayed on my TV, thus, its very difficult (or impossible) to navigate the menus.

Second, the video streaming is just rather sub-par in my opinion (very choppy). Whether its the tivo not keeping up, a problem with CCXStream, a problem with TiVo-x, or XBMC, I have no idea, however I'm using the latest CVS build of XBMC (I've tried older releases as well), I have the latest tivo-x, the latest ccxstream as posted on dealdatabase.com, etc. I am fairly certain it isn't a network issue, as I can stream videos stored on a Samba share to the x-box with NO performance issues at all (divx, mpeg, avi, whatever, they all work fine, even an extracted .ty file).

I'm also not real thrilled with the FF/RW interface to Mplayer -- I'm so used to the supreme elegance of a TiVo's usability with ff/rw, I find mplayer's (as well as most DVD players and other PVRs) ff/rw usability to seem kind of, well, primitive (just doesn't work as well).

Ah well, I'm still keeping up with TiVo-X, just because its a really neat tool, and eventually, all these minor things will be worked out I'm sure.

rcork
09-29-2004, 04:56 PM
I though others might benefit from some modifications I made to TivoX1.1 to support NTSC. It is a quick fix for the combo lists displaying off my screen. I also modified the default skin for XMBC 1.0 (MediaCenter) to add a Tivo button to the main screen. I've included install instructions in the zip file. I take no credit for any of the code. All credit goes to CarlosP for TivoX and to the developers at XBMC for their great skin.

freeforall
09-30-2004, 08:02 AM
hey thanks for those files. Would you mind posting the S2 DTivo binaries of ccxstream? Every version I have seen posted so far doesn't have a "ccxstream" file in the s2 zip distribution. There are versions called ccxstream.r and ccxstream.c, but only the s1 zip distribution has the exact file ccxstream.

Thanks

rcork
09-30-2004, 01:09 PM
I have a SA2 so I can't guarantee that this version works for DTivo, but it works for me.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166505&postcount=187

steve-0
10-02-2004, 10:04 AM
Thanks to CarlosP for a great new Hack for my Tivo (and XBox)

Installed it and worked first time with my UK Tivo and XBMC (25-09-04 Build)

My only problem is that when the XBox plays the Ty stream it sets the TV aspect ratio according to the aspect ratio of the MPEGII header, which is always 4:3 on a Tivo, rather than transmitting the WSS (Line 23) recorded from the original program. I normally encounter this problem when extracting recordings to DVD and have to patch the MPEG headers. Is anyone aware of a way of getting XBMC to transmit the WSS recorded in the Ty stream rather than the setting in the MPEG header?

freeforall
10-02-2004, 10:53 AM
rcork,

thanks for the files. Got it all working now.

Also, thanks to the developer for a great program.

One suggestion I have for you is that it would be useful to have a "tivo services restart" button on TivoX's mainscreen that would send a restart command to tivowebplus, and another restart command to ccxstream. The reason why this might be a good addon is that although TivoX has been reliable for me so far, I had two little issues where being able to restart the tivo services from the xbox would've been much more convenient, especially if there are other xbox users in the house who don't know enough to telnet into tivo and restart those services.

The issue I had regarding tivowebplus were where my now showing data would be blank and not show anything. After ftping into my xbox and looking in the tivox folder, I examined the nowshowing file and it said couldn't grab data from tivowebplus. So I opened up tivowebplus and it appeared to load, but sure enough the now showing area had some weird database error. After researching that error on dealdatabase, I found out all it needs is a "full reload" for tivoweb, which fixed the problem for TivoX. So far the issue hasn't happened again, and it certainly wasn't TivoX's fault, but being able to click on a reload button from TivoX would've been handy. The other issue was with ccxstream, where one time I opened a pretty big tivo show, but I interupted it cause I thought it had locked up my xbox. So I tried a smaller video, but now that wouldn't work either, until finally I had to telnet into my tivo and restart ccxstream. After playing with TivoX for a while, I realized that I should've just let it wait a few more seconds cause eventually it would load the large video. Again this isn't TivoX's fault, but the ability to do a restart of the tivo's services would be really handy.

anyways thanks again for the great app, and it's been working well for the last few days!

adrianeaton
10-05-2004, 08:31 AM
I've had tivox 1.1 working on my xbox for about 2 weeks and I'm having a problem with the now showing list. Whenever I load it up on the xbox it shows old shows I have since deleted from the tivo. its a uk tivo v2.5. So I hit the refresh button and it seems to add a copy of the cached list to the end of the now showing list! So I have a list twice as long with old shows in. Anyone else get this?

Adrian.

freeforall
10-05-2004, 01:08 PM
try ftping into your xbox, going into the \xbmc\scripts folder, and delete the tivox folder, which -from what i understand- appears to be the location where the tivox program stores its download information from the tivo. Once you delete the folder, try the Now SHowing button again, and it should download the latest set. If that doesn't work, try doing a full reload of tivoweb plus.

But having a flush \tivox folder would be another little nice button on the TivoX interface, besides my earlier request for a TivoWeb and CCXSTREAM restarter. Hope we see these in the next version :-)

adrianeaton
10-06-2004, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the help freeforall, I guess from your reply you don't get this when you use the refresh button. I'll try clearing the data files and try again.

Does anyone run the tivox against a uk tivo s1 2.5 using the s1 ccxstream and get this to work correctly?

I'll look into the logs a bit more to see if I can find out what is happening.
Adrian.

KRavEN
10-07-2004, 09:24 PM
So can I get a confirmation from you guys on non-working streams with XBMC mplayer?

I've got a HDVR2 with 4.x software and only about half of my ty files will play back correctly on my xbox. Anyone else seeing similar issues? Same issue if it's extracted or streamed from the TiVo. I have no issue with any streams using tivo-mplayer 0.16 for windows or the latest mplayer for linux.

freeforall
10-08-2004, 11:56 PM
KRavEN-
I havn't had any problems playing ty files from my tivo, but then I have a version 3.1.1c S2 DTivo, so there is an obvious difference there. I have read that there are some versions of ccxstream that will not work with 4x software, so maybe that is your problem?

Check out this thread

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27602&page=13&pp=15

in the middle of that page Netzik posted this version of ccxstream, which he says has version 4 support
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3356

If you get a chance, do you think you could sticky that entire thread under the files section for "where to find ccxstream for your version of tivo". It took my forever to track down a copy of ccxstream that worked on a s2, and by the title of that thread, it isn't really obvious that that is where you can find all the different builds of ccxstream.

Anyways good luck and thanks!

KRavEN
10-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I wish that was it but the problem I'm having isn't with ccxstream. I see the same issues when using ccxstream or SMB to send the offending streams to the xbox.

berfsicle
10-20-2004, 06:31 PM
i tried to set this up and now i cant even ping my tivo

i think the problem may be that the tutorial i read on setting this up had me add a line of:

# Start ccxstream (for Xbox)
/var/hack/bin/ccxstream &

to the rc.sysinit.author file, but the file i copied up was "ccxstream.exe", not just "ccxstream"...my guess would be this is hanging the startup, but it goes fine to live tv...

i just cant do anything network related to it... is this the problem, and how do i fix this?

freeforall
10-20-2004, 06:51 PM
The key to geting this working is by using the correct ccxstream. I assume you are using a S2 Tivo?

Here is the command I use in my rc.sysinit.author file

sleep 10
cd /
/usr/ccxstream/./ccxstream &

Ofcourse, ccxstream has to be in the /usr/ccxstream folder
Make sure to chmod 755 ccxstream

Also, you mentioned that you had a file called ccxstream.exe, which indicates that is incorrect for the tivo. The file should just be ccxstream. I will post the Series 2 binary here for you, but if you have a Series 2 running 4x software or a series 1, you need to find the correct version of ccxstream, which I linked to about 2 posts higher. Finally, if you are using an NTSC system the original TivoX control station software won't work correctly, so you should use the modded TivoX CS someone kindly moddified to make NTSC compatible. I believe that the link is in this thread back a page or two.

Lemme know how it goes. Good luck!

freeforall
10-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Also, another note-

You can bookmark a link to the tivo server in XBMC by adding the line of code to your .xml file. Put this in the video section.

"<bookmark>
<name>TiVo</name>
<path>xbms://192.168.1.100:1400/</path>
</bookmark>
"

Here you enter in your Tivo's IP address. Again, you must have CCXSTREAM running on your tivo. The port 1400 is what ccxstream is listening on.

What is nice about this bookmark is that it has links to both the live content AND previously recorded content. Be aware that the live content may not be available depending on the version of ccxstream you are using. Check the thread I mentioned earlier for the latest ccxstream, or get the version I posted for S2 3x users, which I can confirm has both live and previously recorded show support. Hopefully the next version of TivoX CS will have support for live feeds as well. :)

berfsicle
10-22-2004, 09:02 PM
thanks for the help, got it working now :D

but now i got another question...is there any way to fix the audio/video sync? mouths dont match the speaking, stuff like that...seems to get worse as it plays, but if i fast forward for a sec, its fixed for a little bit

freeforall
10-24-2004, 12:36 AM
np. glad to hear it worked.

a couple of things...

1) make sure you have the latest ccxstream. Older versions had more of a problem with audio/video sync issues, but it's gotten much better since.
If you are using the version I posted, that should work pretty well.

However, I have occasionally noticed a little lag issue, but not very often. In the cases where it did happen, I just hit the pause button and waited a few seconds and then resumed, and the audio / video was back in sync. I use this little trick in XBMC too, and it seems to help. Just giving it a few seconds to sync back up usually does it.

2) What speeds do you see when you extract video off of your tivo unit? On wifi I get around 700 kbytes, whereas with wired ethernet I get around 1.6-1.8 megs /sec. If your tivo or xbox is on wireless, that might be lagging your connection

berfsicle
10-24-2004, 10:01 AM
np. glad to hear it worked.

a couple of things...

1) make sure you have the latest ccxstream. Older versions had more of a problem with audio/video sync issues, but it's gotten much better since.
If you are using the version I posted, that should work pretty well.

However, I have occasionally noticed a little lag issue, but not very often. In the cases where it did happen, I just hit the pause button and waited a few seconds and then resumed, and the audio / video was back in sync. I use this little trick in XBMC too, and it seems to help. Just giving it a few seconds to sync back up usually does it.

2) What speeds do you see when you extract video off of your tivo unit? On wifi I get around 700 kbytes, whereas with wired ethernet I get around 1.6-1.8 megs /sec. If your tivo or xbox is on wireless, that might be lagging your connection
I have it on a wired connection (in fact i just bought a switch last night so i can stop taking my one pc off the network so i can use it)... i tried copying the whole show from the tivo to the xbox hdd, and it STILL messes up...THAT really threw me off. theres gotta be some cause besides networking, but im at a loss. btw i am using the files from the link you provided...

when i bring up the info on the top of the screen containing the frames per second and the resolution, the fps fluctuates quite a bit, it says cache is at like 78%, and it says the resolution is 480x480 (that didnt seem right to me)...

edit: i copied it from the tivo to my pc now, and streamed from the pc to the xbox, with the same issue occurring that way (but playing it on the pc is fine)...how weird

freeforall
10-24-2004, 07:47 PM
thanks for the info. That was helpfull to know it still skips even when the entire video is already on the xbox. That does indicate that it probably isn't a network issue. What version of XBMC are you using? I am currently using the 9-9-2004 release and it plays fine. I remember hearing that XBMC versions around spring time - maybe April or Mayish - had bad .ty playback, like you are experiencing. Try getting the latest version, which is 1.1 final I believe, off #XBINS on IRC

berfsicle
10-25-2004, 03:31 PM
thanks for the info. That was helpfull to know it still skips even when the entire video is already on the xbox. That does indicate that it probably isn't a network issue. What version of XBMC are you using? I am currently using the 9-9-2004 release and it plays fine. I remember hearing that XBMC versions around spring time - maybe April or Mayish - had bad .ty playback, like you are experiencing. Try getting the latest version, which is 1.1 final I believe, off #XBINS on IRC
right now i believe im running xbmc-2004-10-06.rar ... will check out a 1.1 final

edit: installed it, made no difference whatsoever :confused:

freeforall
10-27-2004, 09:40 AM
weird. Only thing I can think of is maybe try clearing out the temp files from XBMC. Check out xbox-scene for that, I think it is some folder called e:\0cface or something "Face", which clears out all your old cache and settings. Maybe there are other temp files. Otherwise, how is playback for movies besides ty and games on your xbox? You probably would've mentioned it, but if your games or movies are jumpy then perhaps it is a harddrive issue.

good luck

berfsicle
10-27-2004, 03:23 PM
weird. Only thing I can think of is maybe try clearing out the temp files from XBMC. Check out xbox-scene for that, I think it is some folder called e:\0cface or something "Face", which clears out all your old cache and settings. Maybe there are other temp files. Otherwise, how is playback for movies besides ty and games on your xbox? You probably would've mentioned it, but if your games or movies are jumpy then perhaps it is a harddrive issue.

good luck
i actually already cleared out that face thing when i upgraded xbmc (looked that up when i couldnt get the new version to load, only to find out it was really cuz i missed uploading some of the files lol)...

and everything else runs great...those internet porn videos (*blush* lol), things i recorded with my old tuner card (havent tried anything from the newer one yet), and games run fine too (in fact i've been playing mechassault directly from the hdd lately, wanted to check out the whole ripping game to drive concept)

i wanna thank you again for stickin with me on this, i have no doubt we'll figure it out :)

freeforall
10-27-2004, 10:59 PM
hehehe. no problem. pretty strange issue

MyKroFt
12-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Anyone able to get this to work on a S2DTiVo?

I get the following back from the listchan action:

----- Cut Here -----
90#{Active Portal Beta Test 2}#directv$$$$$100#DTV#directv$$$$$116#DTV#directv$$$$$119#PPV#directv$$$$$120#PPV#directv$$$$$121#P PV#directv$$$$$122#PPV#directv$$$$$123#PPV#directv$$$$$124#PPV#directv$$$$$125#PPV#directv$$$$$128#P PV#directv$$$$$129#PPV#directv$$$$$130#PPV#directv$$$$$132#PPV#directv$$$$$133#PPV#directv$$$$$135#P PV#directv$$$$$138#PPV#directv$$$$$139#PPV#directv$$$$$140#PPV#directv$$$$$142#PPV#directv$$$$$144#P PV#directv$$$$$145#PPV#directv$$$$$147#PPV#directv$$$$$148#PPV#directv$$$$$149#PPV#directv$$$$$151#P PV#directv$$$$$152#PPV#directv$$$$$154#PPV#directv$$$$$155#PPV#directv$$$$$156#PPV#directv$$$$$158#P PV#directv$$$$$160#PPV#directv$$$$$161#PPV#directv$$$$$162#PPV#directv$$$$$163#PPV#directv$$$$$165#P PV#directv$$$$$167#PPV#directv$$$$$170#PPV#directv$$$$$171#PPV#directv$$$$$172#PPV#directv$$$$$174#P PV#directv$$$$$176#PPV#directv$$$$$177#PPV#directv

etc

my xbmc screen looks nothing like the screen shots in the threads here

Got My NowShowing to work and play altho there is a sound sync problem - am goign to look for newer ccxstream.

But I still can not get the guide data to display correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Myk

galewis
12-17-2004, 07:36 PM
I posted this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199808&postcount=8) over in another thread and now realize that it probably should have gone over here. Sorry....

I'm having even more problems than I mention in my original post. I put everything back the way it was before trying to install XBMC and TivoX and I still can only get FTP. No telnet or TivoWebPlus. If anyone has any insights on what may have happened and how I can put things back to rights, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

elshaddi
01-11-2005, 11:45 AM
To try and personally get help with some TIVOX problems i've had, and i'm sure all of you possibly have had, I created a chanel on Efnet IRC.

#TivoX

Anyone who is looking for help, please join and stay a while, also, anyone who is familiar with the ccxstream program and TivoX, please come there as well. Anyone demonstrating good, working knowledge of these two products, I will most likely OP (@) in the channel.
Thanks guys, and let's keep this project alive! My appoligies if something like this already exists, i couldn't find it.

To get help joining MIRC, go to: Http://w w w.mirc. com

Generiq
01-25-2005, 12:14 PM
I upgraded to XBOX_Media_Center_2005-01-15_build-IND and could not get TivoX to stream. CCXSTREAM kept dying with a segmentation fault when I would try. I went back to the xbmc-2004-12-08 release and it worked fine again. Just curious if anyone else had that issue?

jhr1948
01-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Generiq
i just posted in the ccxstream thread. sounds like you and i noticed the same thing. the latest build that works that i have i s 12/19(or around that date).

zerolight
01-31-2005, 05:18 AM
Can anyone give me some pointers to get TivoX working please?

I've installed ccxstream on my Series 1 UK Tivo and put the scripts and python onto my xbox which is running the latest cvs build of XBMC. When I click on any option in the Tivo script on XBMC nothing much happens. For instance, Now Showing brings up a dialogue box which says getting settings or getting details, something like that, and just sits there till I reset the Xbox.

Is there something wrong on the Xbox side or is this a problem on the Tivo side? All the other scripts on my Xbox run just fine, and infact Python was preinstalled in the CVS release I have.

Thanks.

noel-pilot
03-22-2005, 08:45 PM
hey all,
this looks great and I want it so bad! I have the tivo side of it installed and sorted and workind (tested thru tivowebplus) no probs.
For some reason despite putting the relevant files onto the xbox, when i load up xbmc i dont see any tivo link. I have just seen the post about adding a manual bookmark so will upload that first thing tomorrow but i have two questions.
I installed XBMC from the firef**kers install disk, how do i find out which build i have?!?!

and I have a pal xbox running in NTSC with the hi def kit, XBMC running at 720p I think so should I see some sort of tivo logo on there and link even if its not necessarily fitted on the page right?
Thanks
Noel

corro
07-07-2005, 04:23 PM
I upgraded to XBOX_Media_Center_2005-01-15_build-IND and could not get TivoX to stream. CCXSTREAM kept dying with a segmentation fault when I would try. I went back to the xbmc-2004-12-08 release and it worked fine again. Just curious if anyone else had that issue?

I am looking for the right combo of xbmc and ccxstream for a series 1 DTivo. Do you or anyone else use this version of xbmc (xbmc-2004-12-08) and ccxstream w/ no audio sync problems on a series 1 DTivo? If so ... What versions of xbmc and ccxstream?

TIA

mateom199
07-08-2005, 01:41 AM
Has anyone had success with ccxstream on 6.2 systems?

I have an HDVR2 w/ 6.2, TWP, ccxstream from the TIVOX website, and I have tried it with XBMC from 01-2005 to present day (I've tried about 15 official and unofficial builds so far)

When I try to play a video with TivoX, it flashes "Playing" for a few seconds, then dissappears. ccxstream spews out a nowplaying list in my telnet window whenever I try to play a stream in TivoX.

kingsxrules
07-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Just wanted to see if the .ty playback problem has been fixed in any of the newest XBMC builds? I also wanted to see what is the best version of ccxstream to run on a DirecTivo S2 4.x or 6.2, as I might be switching to 6.2 soon. And one last Q, does TivoX work on a US/NTSC xbox? I appreciate the help in advance! :)

phaseshifter
07-11-2005, 11:32 PM
I am looking for the right combo of xbmc and ccxstream for a series 1 DTivo. Do you or anyone else use this version of xbmc (xbmc-2004-12-08) and ccxstream w/ no audio sync problems on a series 1 DTivo? If so ... What versions of xbmc and ccxstream?

TIA

I've tried every combo of ccxstream and Tivox posted here on a S1 DTivo and none of them work. In all about 4 versions of ccxstream and 6 versions of Tivox. I can get the now playing list fine but then it will just freeze up when trying to play any video. I am using a June cvs version of xbmc though. It's possible Tivox works on xbmc 1.0 or 1.1 but I don't have those anymore to try it out. I did try a xbmsp bookmark and that did work better but that did freeze eventually too.

mateom199
07-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Just wanted to see if the .ty playback problem has been fixed in any of the newest XBMC builds? I also wanted to see what is the best version of ccxstream to run on a DirecTivo S2 4.x or 6.2, as I might be switching to 6.2 soon. And one last Q, does TivoX work on a US/NTSC xbox? I appreciate the help in advance! :)

SO far I have been unable to get TivoX to work properly with an HDVR2 w/ 6.2 I've tried many combinations of ccxstream versions and XMBC versions, with no luck.

groovadelic
08-21-2005, 01:50 AM
Dang.. I was all excited when I saw a new version. Loaded it but same thing as others.. I get my Now Player list, but does not play. (DSR6000 / XBMC 8/16/05)
I used to keep an old (working) version of XBMC that worked with TivoX but don't bother anymore. hate having to boot between versions...

Thanks though to those that are putting additional effort into this ! Appreciate it!

adrianeaton
08-30-2005, 12:17 PM
not sure if this might help
tivox update (http://www.jonsthoughtsoneverything.com/2005/08/03/tivo-xbox-media-center-pluging-updated/)

Its what I use for streaming from tivo (uk) to the recent Xbmc builds that broke tivox.

Adrian.

spon
12-04-2005, 03:26 AM
I'm having some problems. so i'm going to review what I did. Please let me know if I missed anything:
I installed the new XBMC 2005-11-27 CVS T3CH build on my xbox
I went to Fatattitude and got the TivoX v1.30c, which included a new ccxstream.
I used WS_FTP to ftp the ccxstream to the Tivo. Then I telnet in and use chmod -x ccxstream
I edit the tivox.py with my tivo IP address and then used WS_FTP to ftp the tivox.py into the XBMC script folder.
I run the XBMC and run the tivox.py script. The "now Showing" shows the shows on my tivo. however when I try to play the show, it "thinks" then nothing. Actually the description of the show stops scrolling for 2 seconds, then continues scrolling, showing that the show isn't loading.

Did I do anything wrong? Thinking about it, was there a problem with the way I FTP'd the ccxstream to the Tivo? Dunno dunno dunno. someone help. thanks.

spon
12-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Well I did 2 things:
1) I went back to XBMC v1.1, tivox v1.1 and copied over the original ccxstream; I test this out again and it works.

2) I went to XBMC v2007-11-27 and ran the TivoX 1.3 with the original ccxstream, and that WORKS.

So does that mean something is wrong with the new ccxstream? Dunno, but it works again!

hawkbug
01-05-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm running a compiled version of XBMC CVS 2005-12-11 and TivoX 1.3 with the version of ccxstream that came with TivoX 1.3. I'm able to see the Now Playing list via the two methods, ie using the TivoX plugin and using the streaming xbms://192.168.1.50:1400/. I can play around 25% of my Tivo shows successfully, even though they have that damn audio sync issue from time to time, atleast they work. However, the other 75% of my shows refuse to play. I try to open them, and they go through that little diaglogue box where it talks about caching, and the green progress bar moves all the way over and then it goes away and nothing happens. I can restart both the Tivo and the Xbox, and that usually doesn't help - but sometimes it does work, which confuses the crap out of me. I should also mention that I have a Sony SAT-T60 DirecTivo, running TivoWebPlus v1.2.1. The version of ccxstream I'm using is CcXstream Media Server 1.0.17a according to the debug output. You can see it running with ps:

root 111 0.0 1.8 1284 516 ? S 07:18 0:00 /var/hack/ccxstream_s1

I obtained TivoX and ccxstream from here:

http://www.fatattitude.com/software/downloads-clock.asp?app=8&dl=21&fn=tivox1.3.zip

I have a very strong feeling that XBMC is the problem here, but I'm a newbie to the Xbox hacking world, so I'm unaware of how to mess with it to try different versions of XBMC, etc.

Oh, I should also mention that I'm running my Xbox over an HD connection @ 480p I believe. I'm also not sure how to check and see what it's running at.

Does anyone have any suggestions I could try to get this working?

Cainam
01-19-2006, 09:24 AM
Hawkbug, did you manage to get anywhere with this? I am having exactly the same problems on my Uk Series 1 Tivo i.e. some episodes work fine, some work occasionally but fail more often than not. When they do work, I do not think anything has changed, etc.

I am fairly sure I am using the same XBMC build as yourself, so you could be right that it could be something in that...

invader zog
02-20-2006, 04:44 PM
I have tried TivoX v1.3 and v1.5. In both cases when I run the script and select "now playing", the Xbox freezes.

I can directly connect to the streams via XBMS

It looks like my TivoWeb is working properly (i.e.
http://10.0.0.6/xboxtv/?action=listNowShowing returns what looks like real resutls)

I'm using a fairly recent CVS build of XBMC (i.e. a week or two ago)...

Any suggestions?

---

I just realized *sigh* that the default port in TivoX.py wasn't 80. As soon as I pointed it to the right port, everyhting seems to be working. *DUH*

mchipser
03-25-2006, 01:19 AM
hello,

ok after reading alot on this forum i have manged to get the tivox script to run on the newest XBMC build "03-20-06" and i am useing v1.3 of ccxstream. I can see the now playing list but when i try to play i get the same error as mateom199 . "starts to play but then just goes back to the now playing list after a few seconds." for some weird reason when i click on "tv guide" i get no results. when i do

http://192.168.0.100/xboxtv/?action=listchans "i think this is the wrong cmd.. LISTCHANS" i think maybe not though where can i find a list of cmds to use? i have search in the tivox.py file for some but cant.

i get a error

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_xboxtv '' 'set "action" "listchans";'
expected integer but got "15.2"
while executing
"lsort -integer [array names channeltablenum]"
(procedure "::action_xboxtv" line 79)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

but i can do

http://192.168.0.100/xboxtv/?action=listNowShowing

and it seems to show what is saved on my tivo "with a bunch of extra crap"

IE: 184623#1143237600#Reba#The Blonde Leading the Blind#After the family makes fun of Reba's poor eyesight, she secretly gets laser eye surgery, which leaves her temporarily blind.$$$$$

the name of the show and the description is bolded. is there a reason for the now playing showing but not the guide? also. another post mentioned he could play his files 25% of the time via xbms://ip:port/ i have tried that and maybe i am doing something wrong but maybe not. who knows

thanks for the help

Myk3

NWolf
06-27-2006, 02:25 AM
Anyone have an update as to why TivoX might not be working? I can play streams via ccxstream/xbms protocol, but TivoX won't play them at all.

reticent
07-04-2006, 02:18 AM
I've managed to get most of this script working, except the important part. ccxstream seemst to crash whenever I try playing some media through the tivox script or via a manually created xbms share. I've tried running ccxstream with a number of paramaters but I get the same thing everytime.

[TiVo [p0] /var/hack/ccxstream]# ./ccxstream -r / -d
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1755 CcXstream Media Server 1.0.17a starting up.
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1980 New connection
DEBUG ccxstream.c:1980 New connection
Broken pipe
[TiVo [p0] /var/hack/ccxstream]#

I can telnet to my tivo on port 1400, exit the session, do it again and the daemon remains running. Whenever my xbox accesses the service it crashes it. Does anyone know why this would be happening? Im running the s1 version of ccxstream

bozo8787
10-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Well the last release date was 08-03-05
Version:1.5

Any update or news would be greatly appreciated. I like others can stream via ccxstream, however when attempting to use TivoX 1.5 it's a no-go:(

Yes, i'm being general but from the reads of the last year or so, there has not been to many specifics:(.

bozo8787
10-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Yes, at the moment NTSC isn't fully supported, this is being worked on.

Anybody know if this still holds true?

I can only stream via ccxstream but when it comes to TivoX it just hangs. I do not have PAL. All the settings i've read are set to PAL. I can be more specific but if it only works with PAL, then I can put all these hours of trying to make it work to rest.

cheer
10-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Anybody know if this still holds true?

I can only stream via ccxstream but when it comes to TivoX it just hangs. I do not have PAL. All the settings i've read are set to PAL. I can be more specific but if it only works with PAL, then I can put all these hours of trying to make it work to rest.
Check the Xbox forum here at ddb -- some folks have recently indicated success with Tivox 1.5 and XBMC 2.0.0.