PDA

View Full Version : New Software - Control TiVo from Xbox XBMC

carlosp_uk
05-16-2004, 06:41 PM
see

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34863

cojonesdetoro
05-17-2004, 04:31 PM
SHweet! I've been looking at getting an XB to hack around. I just can't justify the cost. I have no soldering skills so, by the time I'm through, hacked Xbox will cost me $250 between base price, shipping, chip, drive, etc. My next toy is a treo600 so I might have to wait a while for an XB. The thing is, I don't care about games so much. I'm more interested in having a a nice media PC for the TV. The games I would like is all the MAME stuff but modern day games take too much time.

carlosp_uk
05-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Actually, it's possible to hack the xbox without even opening it!

A little tricker, but my xbox boots into Xbox Media Center (you can still play games if you want) - to access all my videos, music, TiVo and stuff - and I have never opened it!

MaK10
05-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Sweet!!! I know what ill be doing to my xbox tonight :), i was gettin sick of Xbox Media Player 2.4 hahah, XBC here i come....

tuvoc
05-24-2004, 06:14 PM
carlosp_uk:

did you use a saved game exploit to get Xbox Media Center installed without opening the Xbox?

carlosp_uk
05-25-2004, 06:22 AM
Yes, if you use something like the 007_evox_installer savegame hack; you can install and run the EvoX dashboard without opening the Xbox. This includes an ftp server, so then you can ftp whatever you like onto your xbox.

Just be sure that you change the digital signatures of any .xbe files that you put onto the xbox, to match the fontHack signature that's used in the explot. You do this by running them through a program called xbedump.exe on your PC.

There should be plenty of guides on the net to doing this.

tuvoc
05-25-2004, 09:42 AM
carlosp_uk:

thanks for the reply. i thought that's what you might have used. i received an xbox at the end of last year and got an old copy of mechassault and the action replay and had problems with the saved game. it either had to do with the signing of the files or the action reply. i have not had a chance to try it again after reading a lot of info from the various sites.

carlosp_uk
05-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Just to let everyone know that .ty file streaming has been fixed in the cvs of Xbox Media Center. (My bug-report was officially fixed & closed today.)

It's possible that the 26.05.04 build supports it, but I can't confirm that. As soon as there's another build after today (28.05.04) you can be sure that it will support .ty files from a Tivo.

JohnSorTivo
05-28-2004, 12:47 PM
Just to let everyone know that .ty file streaming has been fixed in the cvs of Xbox Media Center. (My bug-report was officially fixed & closed today.)

It's possible that the 26.05.04 build supports it, but I can't confirm that. As soon as there's another build after today (28.05.04) you can be sure that it will support .ty files from a Tivo.
Your bug report, my FTP of a source .ty file to their servers to work with ;-)

I'm impressed with how quick they handled this, as I just FTPd the file up last night, and got confirmation of receipt from the lead developer this morning. Must have been something pretty simple.

Don't think it's possible that the 26.05.04 build will work, as we exchanged files and emails just yesterday evening (27.05.04 ) for them to work with.

coldtea
05-29-2004, 04:36 AM
Yes, if you use something like the 007_evox_installer savegame hack; you can install and run the EvoX dashboard without opening the Xbox. This includes an ftp server, so then you can ftp whatever you like onto your xbox.

Just be sure that you change the digital signatures of any .xbe files that you put onto the xbox, to match the fontHack signature that's used in the explot. You do this by running them through a program called xbedump.exe on your PC.

There should be plenty of guides on the net to doing this.

hey carlos_uk I searched the web for guides on doing this
however I only found this site.... :(
http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/007-ma-phoenix-loader.php
which at the end says
that there is a bug where the the tray doesn't open all they
way...also i don't understand allot of what its saying...
for example to load the saved game to the memory card with
software, that sound impossible to do to me...as you can
see I have found something but not very help full...could you
perhaps post the site or write the details on how to do it
correctly without error, and with that i have two questions...
1. when xbmc boots up can you exit out of it? and then
go back in it?

2. after you moded your xbox with your method did you have
any problems with live or any other bugs to report like
the guy from website above

Thank you :) :) :)

carlosp_uk
05-29-2004, 08:30 AM
hey carlos_uk I searched the web for guides on doing this
however I only found this site....
go back in it?

The link below tells you how to install Xbox-Linux. Do exactly as it says, but don't use the MechInstaller savegame, use 007_with_evox_installer with the game '007 Agent under fire' instead.

So, instead of installing and running linux, you will install and run EvoX. This is a dashboard program that also has an FTP engine, so you can FTP whatever software you like to your xbox.

http://www.xbox-linux.org/docs/howtoar.html

PS: once you're up-and-running, be sure to run any .XBE executable files through the program xbedump.exe to change their digital signatures to match the font hack.

coldtea
05-30-2004, 12:49 AM
The link below tells you how to install Xbox-Linux. Do exactly as it says, but don't use the MechInstaller savegame, use 007_with_evox_installer with the game '007 Agent under fire' instead.

So, instead of installing and running linux, you will install and run EvoX. This is a dashboard program that also has an FTP engine, so you can FTP whatever software you like to your xbox.

http://www.xbox-linux.org/docs/howtoar.html

PS: once you're up-and-running, be sure to run any .XBE executable files through the program xbedump.exe to change their digital signatures to match the font hack.

Well buddy your referenced site is quite confusing and me being a novice to this would go ahead and do it but...I'm afraid I might not go thru the complicated steps correctly by trying to determine where I should replace evoux instructions for linux instructions evox...do you have another site or perhaps a documentation of what you did...I already messed up my old xbox sodering so I hopy you understand why Im being so paranoid.
thanks you very much again

ps if you wish you could send it to my email chambiando@hotmail.com
please coldtea in subject :)

carlosp_uk
05-30-2004, 05:58 AM
I'm really sorry but I'm about to leave for a 2 week holiday and I just don't have time to tell you, in detail, how to soft mod your xbox. Maybe when I return I could put a FAQ on my site.

The thing is, there are THOUSANDS of sites out there dedicated to xbox hacking. There really are. This thread is about the tivox software.

Do a search on google for things like xbox "soft mod" evox mechinstaller

....and best of luck.

mbriody
05-31-2004, 12:53 PM
Here's a little tutorial I wrote for complete beginners on Soft Mods for the XBOX. Link (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=215055)

Kili
04-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Thanks for good link...
Bump

plooger
09-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Just curious... Is anybody out there still running TivoX Control Station? And, if so, with what versions of XBMC, TiVo and TivoX?

Circumstances recently allowed me to (finally) hack my sister's HDVR2 DirecTiVos, after many years of temptation, and I'd love to make the TiVos accessible via XBMC. I'm about to begin testing v1.3 of TivoX, but wanted to drop a thread, in parallel, to fish for the latest advice and lessons learned.

FWIW, my versions... HDVR2 running hacked 6.2a; XBMC pre-9.10 r21142

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I've found mentions of a v1.5 version of TivoX, but can't find any still-active download links for it. Help finding a copy of this version would be most useful, as well.

woracan
09-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks to http://web.archive.org and a little persistance, attached is Jon Maddox's version 1.5.

You probably already downloaded version 1.3 from CARLOS P's website (http://www.fatattitude.com/site_fatattitude/software/software-item.aspx?view=download)

plooger
09-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Spectacular; thank you, woracan.(!) (The thought of "Internet archives" crossed my mind while drilling around, looking for it, but failed to materialize as an action. I feel an obligation to surrender my Peabody & Sherman t-shirt, at this point.)