PDA

View Full Version : Scramble tools to fix error 51

2perishable
05-18-2004, 12:15 PM
I am using the Hughes GXEBOT with version 3.1.0b-02-1-031 I have noscramble.o installed. My system rebooted yesterday and I got the error 51. Last week I backed up my working dckey. I can't find any info on how to restore this key. I tried using set_DC_key.tcl and it looked like it did something, but I still got the error 51. I used nuke_DC_key.tcl and it got rid of the error for about 12 hours and all of a sudden I was back to error 51. Can someone tell exactly how to restore the key? All I have found here in my searches is that you use these tools to backup and restore keys, but they don't say how.
thanks in advance

captain_video
05-18-2004, 01:43 PM
I have no idea what either of those scripts do but I can tell that they're not normally used to get rid of an error #51 message that I've ever heard about. You can install and run the 51killer.tcl script or do a Clear & Delete Everything to eliminate the error #51 message.

2perishable
05-18-2004, 02:11 PM
Thanks for your reply...I don't want to use kill51 or clear and delete because I want to preserve my recordings. nuke_DC_key.tcl worked a second time and my tivo is backup with all the recordings etc, but I'm worried I will be back to the error 51 in a few hours... Here's the thread where I got the info about these scramble tools: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30547